valve cleance on L20B

KJA510

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep in mind that when you do adjust hot, you have to be fast or else the motor will get...also have the open end 14 mm wrench shave off (grind it) so that it fits better, you will need a 17 mmm and 14 mm, sure its the same with L16-L18, as far as the nuts are concerned.

Also write down the Exaust/Intake sequence...I think EIIEEIIE on a piece of paper and as you go along adjusting the valves check off the ones you did and alse note what the gap was before adjusting. I just adjusted my valves last night and should have noted gap before adjustment . I also read in one of my old Datsun books to adjust "hot", and the other thing that helps is shaving down the 14" open end wrench so that it is easier to get in, did this by sandgrinding it. Lastly, make sure you tighthen the locknut, 17", real good. Adjusted mines several years ago and forgot to tighthen one of them and after a a mile or so engine sounded like a diesel, loose nut. Good luck.