pre-runner

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan's old 73 had the torsions cranked up as far as they would go & he got a nice lift from it. the rear was stock, just had all the leafs in place. Steve correct me if im wrong. I think the tires were 27's on 15 inch rims...

P1010147.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010149.jpg

& hell yeah he drove it hard...here trying to go up a hill...:D

P1010160.jpg

you get bad camber, super stiff ride, and not much lift. Nice!

& your point ? :D just like when we lower em. I will admit the steering was a bit wierd & wandered a bit because of the camber [he let me drive it] but it did haul ass...we drove it into a drainage ditch behind the freeway :cursing:

:D I had a nice smooth ride, but had to do other modifications.

check out my camber... 6 inch drop?

kingcab02.jpg

Bleach.....did you get that front to drop like that by adjusting your torsion bars alone?? You must have taken out your front bumper stoppers, right?

And three inch blocks in the rear, right? lowering the rear is my next project.

Torsion Bars cranked a bit in the front, stock rear, 31x10.50 R15. Big tires are your friend, they will help lift the truck the most. I would recommend 235/75s or 30x9.50s Either one should fit okay with enough cranking in the front, and a bit of fender stretching.

Be sure to get an alignment after cranking the Tbars.

P1010011.jpg

How about a 'Yoda SAS, comes with 4 piston calipers...

I got a yoda axle for ya :D

paint.jpg

It's getting IFS calipers and Cruiser rotors and Marlin crossover steering :cool:

I asked Ryan why not make his 4 wheel drive and he said "because it won't jump as well."

th_ryansair.jpg

It's getting IFS calipers and Cruiser rotors and Marlin crossover steering :cool:

I asked Ryan why not make his 4 wheel drive and he said "because it won't jump as well."

Steve, which calipers do you plan to use? There are a couple of options and they one makes a big difference. I did this on my 76 FJ40, and it is all the difference in the world, bigger differece than the rear disc conversion.

Most of the landcruiser and 4cyl truck calipers have two sizes of pistons on the four piston calipers. The later(about90-95) trucks and 4runners have calipers that have four matching size pistons. You want these ones. The outside casting area is larger appearing also, they look like cooling fins on the outside.

Jason