Ron1200's '79 KC 620

Ron1200

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed new (to me) hood. Used the last of the Lowe's sound deadener.
PVC valve installed. Valve cover vent rerouted. Engine cleaned. Engine compartment done for now. smile.gif

JpTt0n0.jpg

Interesting find. Genuine Nissan PVC circa 1983. NOS?

RDvGFeY.jpg

• Like 1

Goes better now... The way the cable was routed did not allow for full throttle. :) Also much quieter... I can now hear what sounds like a wheel bearing going out.:(

Here's a current photo

IMG_7654.jpg

that looks damn sexy right there, I'd say keep that hood for show purpose or as a wall hanging in the shop if you don't plan on keeping it on the truck

So are you going to paint whole truck gloss black?

I've been thinking white actually. An off-white with some gold pearl. But until I can figure out how to deal with the rust in the bed, I'll leave it flat black... with a gloss black hood.

My son thought he saw your truck going through Tumwater ..so i had him whip the family truckster around and chase you down ( considering he`s only had his license since late June no easy thing..lol ) but the truck we ran down had slots..

So it would seem that you have avoided our lurking eyeballs once again..ninja.png

My son thought he saw your truck going through Tumwater ..so i had him whip the family truckster around and chase you down ( considering he`s only had his license since late June no easy thing..lol ) but the truck we ran down had slots..

So it would seem that you have avoided our lurking eyeballs once again..ninja.png

Gotta get a pic up with the blue hood... so can do a better job stalking. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've torn into the dash to clean up the wiring and address some rattles. Also Fixed the heater controls and fan. With the new interior the truck is much quieter.

Bj8SJ3O.jpg

Did manage to get the horn working with some old air horns. Beep Beep

P8JebU3.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Managed to get the dash back together. Moved the DZ-Start Button to the Steering nacelle (I got tired of seeing the hole where the key switch used to be). As the hole in the dash was to big now for the cig-lighter, I fount a small volt-meter that would fit. Cig-lighter is now mounted to the left of the parcel shelf. Stereo is now installed with 4 speakers. 5 1/4 in the kick panels and 6 1/2 in the rear side panels.

Dash repaired
oDP9JfR.jpg

Dash installed
LeiEJZb.jpg

• Like 4

Spent the day on the 620...
Adjusted the torsion bars to raise the front a little. Installed low profile bump stops. Before, the front was lowered onto the bump stops. This effectively disabled the front suspension. Now I have about 1 1/4" at the bump stop. Also installed a resonator before the flow master. Still has 'sporty' sound, just toned down a little.

Pic of old bump stops

gCY8aAv.jpg

These are the ones I used... Bump Stop Link
ENS-9-9102R.jpg

Pic with new ride height...

q8eIwVZ.jpg

• Like 1