NL 320 tail lights

ArkDat

I need to know how many would be interested in getting some NL tail lights? I have another supplier that can do the tail lights. I have talked to Claus studios about making them and was told that it would be about another month. If he doesn't come through, I would like to get the other company make some. Cost of the sets will be in the $200-225 area. I am trying to get a good idea of how many sets to order beyond my minimum order.

Bob

• Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say they would be better, just an exact copy of the originals. It is a company that makes reproduction metal and plastic parts. They have made small parts for me in the past, and I have seen samples of lights they made. They look as good as OEM lights.

So far I have 8 sets that folks want. I am paying for my set just as any of you would be. Not trying to make any money on this. I have to get a minimum of 24 lights (12 sets) just to keep the cost down in the low $200's for each set. The price gets lower with each set above that, but not much interest so.

I have a spare set of bezels that I thought of getting copied, but it may be too high since plactic lights are at the $200ish range.

I am giving it a little more time before I decide what I am doing.

Thanks,

Bob

Didn't say they would be better, just an exact copy of the originals. It is a company that makes reproduction metal and plastic parts. They have made small parts for me in the past, and I have seen samples of lights they made. They look as good as OEM lights.

So far I have 8 sets that folks want. I am paying for my set just as any of you would be. Not trying to make any money on this. I have to get a minimum of 24 lights (12 sets) just to keep the cost down in the low $200's for each set. The price gets lower with each set above that, but not much interest so.

I have a spare set of bezels that I thought of getting copied, but it may be too high since plactic lights are at the $200ish range.

I am giving it a little more time before I decide what I am doing.

Thanks,

Bob

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

so i called a few places who do injection molding and they charge an arm and a leg for the template.....they want big number production pieces so the prices stay low.

however, once the mold is made, the company can make pieces all day... or they say.

Greg Clauss, though a professional business, seems like its ran on a mom and pop basis.

i havent called personally but wondered if anyone has done so.... apparetly he is not answering email's and i dont want to call if someone has done it already. dont want to piss the dude off. ;)

Bob found a place to make the mold and do one run, dot red only, as I recall the cost was about $200.00 a set, plus shipping, as I recall. The last email I sent was 11/17/2011, before that was 11/2/2011 and received no responce either time, the last time I emailed him and got a responce was 9/28/2011, and received a responce the next day(9/29) saying "he was working on the mold, and these things take time", have not heard a thing since. The email before that, he said he would let me know when they were done. I thought about visiting the place while I was down there picking up the windshields, but decided to head back for home instead while the passes were clear, I do not regret that decision at all.

It still is an option.

I had to buy 15 sets (30 lenses) to get it down to the $200/set pricing. I only had 8 contact me wanting lenses, so I put it on hold for now. I didn't want to be out the cash for 7 sets and sell them slowly.

I am playing with my own molds and trying to make a few copies. At this time I have created a urethane mold and have made one copy of a lens out of fiberglass. I want to do a carbon fiber one and cut out a section and install some LED's.

Also trying to make a inner/outer mold and create a Acrylic lens (clear).

If it doesn't go so well, then I guess I will go back to having 15 sets made.

Bob

can this be an option again?....

It still is an option.

I had to buy 15 sets (30 lenses) to get it down to the $200/set pricing. I only had 8 contact me wanting lenses, so I put it on hold for now. I didn't want to be out the cash for 7 sets and sell them slowly.

I am playing with my own molds and trying to make a few copies. At this time I have created a urethane mold and have made one copy of a lens out of fiberglass. I want to do a carbon fiber one and cut out a section and install some LED's.

Also trying to make a inner/outer mold and create a Acrylic lens (clear).

If it doesn't go so well, then I guess I will go back to having 15 sets made.

Bob

I was hoping you would see this, but I had no idea you were making molds yourself, I was also hoping to get a couple sets of clear lenses, one for me, and the other set for another person elsewhere, and one set of dot red for me as I do not have a set of red lenses.

Now I realize that the windshield thing was for 320s, both models, but I started with 9 or 10 of them ordered, of which two were for me, so I had 8 orders, by the time I got back home with them, 14 were sold, not including my two, and I now have only two new ones left. If you were to order them from your source( the lenses), would they make a few sets of clear also, if so, I would be in for 3 sets, one red set and 2 clear sets, and I would check around to see how many more I could sell for you, I know a few guys that need them, but don't know if they have contacted you or not. There have to be at least 3 or more sets needed in this area alone other than the ones I need. wayno