Datsun 521 carbs

EdGarOvReAsy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea ive been trying to buy some new ones but haven't found a manifold

Manifold with linkage! It is best to get it all at once, manifold, linkage, choke cables, air filter/filters and carbs, that is why you want it from a running engine. You can buy some new setups from places like Z threapy, it is new and expensive, but it is sure nice to ajust it and forget about it.

Manifold with linkage! It is best to get it all at once, manifold, linkage, choke cables, air filter/filters and carbs, that is why you want it from a running engine. You can buy some new setups from places like Z threapy, it is new and expensive, but it is sure nice to ajust it and forget about it.

yeah i no but my dads machinest is selling me some brand new duel carbs and polished heads for 900-1000 bucks but i still dont no.

Su carbs can be a pita from what I have read but once tuned properly they are flawless

The dual SU type sidedraft carbs need to be setup correctly. Tuning them is easy, and they can be tuned to the ragged edge(lean) if in servicable condition, I usually get them set and don't have to touch them again till the next time I pull the intake manifold.