RIMS best offer~~~~polished lip pic up

for sale 13" empi 8 spoke 2 piece rims.

they were made by empi back in the 70's and were available in 13" for the 510 and 14" for the 240z.

all four rims have no curbrash or damage.just need to be cleaned i will post another picture after i clean them.

very rare and well saught after.

they can be disassembled so you can change tires and run innertubes on the track or wherever without going to a tire shop.

these rims have a large tire bead to help prevent tire rollover in tight turns.

great rims for track use or the classical look.

they were the original 8 spoked wheels for the datsuns before panasport enkie and watanabes

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

im asking $800 OBO

possible shipping but prefer local pickup

if interested you could call or text me at 562 739 0198

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With out pictures and I don't mean old 1970s pictures it is hard to make judgement, I am sure they are cool wheels, Also 5 posts in 5 days you can edit you know, also all capital letters is usually frowned on. I know you were looking for feedback I am not trying to be a jerk just giving you feed back, also if you could go back to your first post and edit and update the price to the new price people could see you dropped the price if you edited to say something like this. Also if you say you are going to post pictures tomorrow then posting pictures is appreciated. Photobucket and Flickr accounts are free and easy to set up.

*EDITED Lowered Price*

I have for sale 2 piece 13" empi 8 spoke rims.

the rims are magnesium 2 piece

with these rims just run innertubes and slap silicone in between the 2 pieces and bolt together.

with these rims you never have to go to a tire shop

they were offered by the volkswagen company empi back in the 70's and were made in 13" for the 510 and 14" for the 240z.

rims are in prestine condition no curbrash or damage.

very rare and well saught after

im asking $1200 800 obo

will post pix tomorrow

possible shipping but prefer local pickup

if interested you could call or text me at 562 739 0198

• Like 3

the lugnuts are a special size, but most likely easy to find or have someone make for cheap.

i cant do 200 haha i have one almost done being polished to show what it looks like.

if i have them polished i would like to get $800 if i dont polish them i would like to get $600

come up with another 400 or the 200 and some trades and its yours

how are you going to try to expect to sell something when its so dirty you cant see thru it? appearence is everything. its like going to an interview tryin to get a job, shave and look clean and neat.

I'd take them dirty...=) cause I'd just clean them up and re do them myself....

I dont get why every one is bagging on you about your dingy old wheels with no caps or lug nuts. If these fit an old air cooled VW, and they were profesionally fully polished, (which they should be IMO) they would be worth $1600. to $2000. Those two piece Empi's are the genuine article and everything else is a copy of them. If your doing a period correct resto, than these are the wheels to have.

Part of being an automotive enthusiest is having the vision to see past the patina of time and see things for how they could be. Picture those fully pollished on a black car. WOW.

If I wasn't renovating an empty rental house, Paying property taxes on 3 houses next month, and paying hospital bills, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Good luck with your sale, and if you still have them in a few months PM me.

i personally know this guy, and have seen the wheels in person, they are actually in very good shape. i would buy if i had the money, theyd look bitchin on my 280z. give him some credit, theyre not dirty, theyre oxidized, which doesnt come off with 409 and paper towels, it takes actual worth. obviously theres no corrosion, or curb rash, and so they would clean up nice. and yes they are a steal even at that price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.