I'm getting a huge cam for my L20B

as far as direction you are asking for pumpkn ,,, if you have the Jag rear-end use it ,,, otherwise ,,, stay away from it ,,, Jaguar stuff is just absoluitely notorius for being problematic ,,, so are Land Rovers ,,, unless you can get the things for cheap ,,, :) ;)

Good Luck Guys :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow there is more info in responses than I have time to read! And I don't have a computer long enough to say much.

There isn't really an end goal I guess. I don't have any certain amount of HP in mind, just gonna build a big nasty engine.

I might not rev it up to 10,000 but id sure like it to not blow up if I do.

I gotta get off the computer already damn it. I have more to say!

The H-190 is good for almost 200 ft lbs of torque. However the 2wd came with an uninspired 3.389 or 4.11 ratio. Only the heavy duty came with 4.375. I would get a 4.375 (at least) from an earlier 620. This project motor is going to run like shit at low revs so a real tall rear end is a must.

Doesn't matter if this is a 4 or 5 speed... they both have the same 1-4 gear ratios.

Ok so this build isn't around the cam. At first the talk was about running two outlaw 38s. Then we started discussing all the makings of an overcarbbed overcammed engine.

We are going to take time and do this right, and the engine will not be pushed until its ready.

I've got years right? My busy season is around the corner and once rosie is running I'm going to focus all my attention towards this build. She was always intended to go this route. I've been asking a lot of questions on here for almost two years pertaining to all of this so it shouldn't be that out of the blue.

For all I know she might just get built and hauled on a trailer.

Mike thanks for all of your useful advice too!

The rear end does need to be tackled to as well. There are a few things I will need to do with the body to handle the stpid things we are about to do.

Not after I get this new manifold on. If I can finish it by Canby, you'll see Mike. I was just browsing the Datsun bible, thinking of how to get the most bang for the buck for this next motor.

That's a beautiful outlaw setup!

Well I hope the overcarb overcam go hand in hand haha.

I like carbs too much to go EFI. If I had a KA I'm sure I would be making threads on all the dumb things I would do to get that carbeurated.

Ok well it looks like I'm going to have to make a build thread just for my engine when I start so you guys can keep updated. Or just start reading my dottie. A 720s story thread.

I'm a huge fan of nostalgia, which is why we are going to run two outlaws. I mean, come on, who really does that right?

I'm on the hunt for a new head right now. U67 if anyone has one they want to sell me!

I will start a thread soon called Monster l20b or something.

If everyone on ratsun is really interested in seeing how this works out then by all means help me accumulate the parts.

Does anyone have an experience with good machine shops out in the kitsap area? Or in tacoma?

Guest kamakazi620

I'm a huge fan of nostalgia, which is why we are going to run two outlaws. I mean, come on, who really does that right?

I'm on the hunt for a new head right now. U67 if anyone has one they want to sell me!

I will start a thread soon called Monster l20b or something.

If everyone on ratsun is really interested in seeing how this works out then by all means help me accumulate the parts.

Does anyone have an experience with good machine shops out in the kitsap area? Or in tacoma?

heres a cheap start,better run flat tops with it,a large lift/duration cam Will lower compresstion ratio http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/2556880706.html

Thanks for the heads up! It'd cost me more in gas to go down there than the head haha. Worth it though, I will see where I'm at when I get back from vacation in two weeks.

Me and dave were just talking about how to achieve a 10:1 while doing this build.

I called a local machine shop and they quoted me about a grand and a month out on the head which is what I was expecting.

I should probably start this build thread soon.

heres a cheap start,better run flat tops with it,a large lift/duration cam Will lower compresstion ratio http://portland.crai...2556880706.html