Starting New project WPL-411. Need advise.

411JUNKY

My son and I were given a Datsun WPL-411 by the origanal owner and are new to the Datsun seen. We are looking for any and all help/advise in the restoring of this lil gem. All parts links welcome. The car is 99.9% complete. only missing the grill emblem. will post pics in a few days. Thanks to all.

Dad n son

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the car and welcome. I have several of these cars. Not to many of us out there with them. Let us know how we can help.

I've read alot of people saying that the lil motor isn't that good of a motor. How well do they run/ power(for a 1199cc), fuel mileage, etc..Same with the trans? We haven't been able to find much in the way of replacement parts, any ideas of places to look? one being a carb kit for it?

Dad n son

I've read alot of people saying that the lil motor isn't that good of a motor. How well do they run/ power(for a 1199cc), fuel mileage, etc..Same with the trans? We haven't been able to find much in the way of replacement parts, any ideas of places to look? one being a carb kit for it?

Dad n son

Welcome to Ratsun and congrats on the find!

411 parts seem a little more difficult to find, but they are very reliable, as were most Datsuns. Lightweight, small and low power, so gas mileage is obviously going to be great.

411 parts seem a little more difficult to find, but they are very reliable, as were most Datsuns. Lightweight, small and low power, so gas mileage is obviously going to be great.

1962 Tokyo taxi drivers' comments on why independent drivers chose the PL411 as vehicle of choice over other makes. "Good car, strong engine, never break!"