My '77 Datsun 710 Wagon

D-railed

0609101023a.jpg

Hey this is my 710 Datsun, its a '77 that I was lucky enough to pick up for a steal! It is an automatic with the L20B engine. I would like to in the long run supercharge it and change out the transmission to a 5-speed. I also know someone here where I live that does computer work who has me really psyched up about installing a 6 to 9 inch touchscreen into the dash and running a computer out of the glove box and then wiring that into a full sound system that I would like to install into the car as well.

I already gave it a two tone look with matte black and a burgundy red, although I plan on re-painting at some point. It has at least rolled over a once on the Odometer but not sure how many times unfortunately. Any other ideas you guys have for what I might end up doing to this car beyond what I have thought of? Maybe either cold air intake system or a forced air intake system?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

710goon002Large.jpg

Auto cars are the best for working with. The best thing is they perform so badly you quickly get bored with it and stop trying to do insane things that you would do with a standard. And so they tend to not have the shit driven out of them and are generally in better shape than a standard. Mine (above) is a standard but escaped all the wear and tear by having only 45K on it.

I replaced the front struts with those from a Maxima Goon and cut and used the stock 710 springs. (280zx struts would work too) This gives a massive caliper up grade and vented rotors. To match them I put a zx 15/16" master cylinder in. I replaced the strut oil for thicker stuff to firm up the damping and lowered the ride height in the front and put blocks in the back to match. I replaced the 4 speed with a zx 5 speed and put S110 factory mags and tires on it to dress up.

Looks like this now.

710rearsuspension015Large.jpg

My build thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24412-my-76-710-goon/