frame specs

oneslick720

So kinda got myself in a bind , After building a new frame for my 82 720 and robbing parts from my 85 and parts from the original 82 720 i have second guessed my measurement on the wheel base for the 82.. so short of the story is im trying to find a chassi/fram spec diagram or anything with the measurement on it

thanks casey...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

am i the only one that knows about the 2 inches? or have i lost my mind

cab mounts are the same but from the door to the back of the cab is 2, 2 1/2" shorter from my at to my 86 which would add extra space between bed to cab and offset the wheel in the center of the wheel well

They made the cab slightly bigger, and the box slightly shorter. The 80-82 longbox is longer than the 83-86 longbox, I should know, I lengthened my 1980 720 frame so I could have a kingcab longbox truck, then I found out the later model boxes were shorter, needless to say there wasn't a good longbox 80-82 around, while the 83-86 longboxes were everywhere and perfect. All the shortbox frames are the same, all the longbox frames were the same, and the kingcab was on a longbox frame. All the kingcabs measurements remained the same from 1980-86.

• 4 weeks later...