wheels on a roadster

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a set of those but on my back left im missing the hub cap

an i would n vr put 20's on it but sadly the lady tht had it before colored it ugly corvette yellow

Might double check the paint color sticker, as yellow was a factory color unless it shows spots of being painted.

As for those wheels, one of those is the factory roadster wheel and you'll be able to get hub caps for it from anyone willing to part with them on 311s.

its a 66 1600 i got pics on my phone but its at a shop just want the guy to go threw it see wats wrong its my first car so im not the biggest mechanic rlly dnt kno much ta all so i kno the brakes r shot may need new calibers master cylinder, new lines, and maybe an idle arm so i wanted a pro to see for himself and see whats actually wrong

its a 66 1600 i got pics on my phone but its at a shop just want the guy to go threw it see wats wrong its my first car so im not the biggest mechanic rlly dnt kno much ta all so i kno the brakes r shot may need new calibers master cylinder, new lines, and maybe an idle arm so i wanted a pro to see for himself and see whats actually wrong

In all your posts - a distinct lack of knowledge of basic punctuation, capitalization, basic spelling and organization! A perfect example of the failure of the California education system. No surprise here, I consider you functionally illiterate! Now tell me you just voted the Democratic ticket all the way.

haha well i dont have to spell everything right on this forum, im not writing a essay for english class or anything in that region. So i'm allowed to make some mistakes.

Youngen one of these guys might end up being one of your Professors in University, so why not start impressing now??

haha well i dont have to spell everything right on this forum, im not writing a essay for english class or anything in that region. So i'm allowed to make some mistakes.

Well please try, it goes a long way in changing your appearance. Also it is all about being ingrained with typing correctly. Why is it that almost everyone on the forum writes well? Well it is the way they have been writing for the last 5-20 years. Don't be lax in your writing, as it shows your character. It isn't about being graded, or not being allowed, it is about making you successful for the real world. No one wants to hire an illiterate person.

Also it is simply painful to read some of your posts.

Well please try, it goes a long way in changing your appearance. Also it is all about being ingrained with typing correctly. Why is it that almost everyone on the forum writes well? Well it is the way they have been writing for the last 5-20 years. Don't be lax in your writing, as it shows your character. It isn't about being graded, or not being allowed, it is about making you successful for the real world. No one wants to hire an illiterate person.

Also it is simply painful to read some of your posts.

Run-on ,,, :lol:

jk jk ;)

i cant spell, at all, i use way way to many comas. i went school in central texas and i had a problem wih read and writing untill i got to washingon and started a new school. Also i write on my phone and my fingers are super fat, so i guess im of low class or un desirable to hire. might be biased but couple of your guys tone seems harsh (mike)man chill .

• Like 1

haha thank you noflagred i didnt know that because i dont correctly spell i was being judged,,, iam sorry i will try to write more leterate and more correctly

anyways this inst about spelling it is about wheels on my roadster:lol:

OK so i took it to cruise night tonight and i got such a big crowd around my little yellow bumble bee roadster was cool to see the town so interested in my roadster,,, It also helped me get acouple girls numbers haha i love this Datsun already.:P:P:P:P:P:P

Youngen,

Let me see if I can help regarding wheels and fitment on Roadsters.

The front hubs on Roadsters are slightly larger than the typical 73mm center bore on most wheels. This can be corrected a few ways.

- You can machine the hub snout OD to fit the wheel

- You can machine the wheel center bore ID to fit the hub

- or you can add a 1/8” spacers to move the wheel to where the 73mm center bore clears the hub snout.

Next, the studs on the Roadster are border line on length to properly engage the lug nut threads with aluminum wheels. The thread pitch is 7/16-20. You need 7/16” or more of stud threaded into the lug nut (9 turns). Alloy wheels are thicker thru the lug seat cross-section than the steel wheels the Roadster studs were designed to attach. Most aluminum wheels used on a Roadster need longer studs.

Wheel and Tire size:

Short windshield (‘67 and earlier) Roadsters have a slightly narrower wheelhouse than the later (’67.5 and later) tall windshield Roadsters. In either case the optimum tire size is considered to be a 195/60-15.

The wheel most used on short windshield cars (67 and earlier) is a 15x6. The offset can range from +24 to +15 which is considered the lowest offset that will fill out the opening without needing to roll the fender lip on the rear.

The tall windshield cars (67.5 on) have a little more fender room and can run 15x7 wheels with an offset ranging from +15 to +18. Some folks have used +12 without rolling the fender lip.

Optimal offsets for Roadsters are kind of hit or miss. The bodies on these cars vary more that other Datsun vehicles. To play it safe buying a higher positive offset wheel and using spacers for optimum fitment may be your best option.

FutoFab offers three styles of wheels (Classic 8, Retro 4 & LeMans) that will fit Datsun Roadsters and stud/spacers to help with fitment.

Here is a picture of VTO's new LeMans wheel

(The actual color will be a medium gray, this wheel has a prototype colr that was not selected)

lemans%20sample%20-wrong%20gray%20-%20700%20wide-1.jpg