710 project thread

Will

Some of my girlfriend's relatives from overseas are visiting, and her uncle, a tailor, needed a project to keep himself busy and wanted to reupholster my car seats. Now I'll need to paint my car green to match!

photo2_zps39f54e2e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're here for three weeks, so it was a bit of a rush to find the fabric in time. Luckily there was something at JoAnn's fabric that I think passes for a 1970's car interior fabric pretty well - I wanted something like a plaid pattern, that didn't look like it was stolen from Grandma's sofa..

...this weekend I'm dropping off a front seat - I'm pretty psyched to have front and back seats that match and aren't bursting at the seams! I'm going to try and work on the front seat rails while they're out, so that they will have a bit more travel. They're too close to the transmission tunnel at the moment. 

I wonder how much change I'll find under my seats!

Damn that is too good. My '74's rear seat's have had too much sun on them. As soon as you dampen them to sponge away the grime the thread disintegrates and the seams pop.

Same here - the whole top of the rear seat had disintegrated from the sun, but the rest of the seat wasn't all that bad - it just kept on separating into its component pieces whenever someone sat in the back seat.

I guess it made it easier to take apart for patterns!

• 1 month later...

Will, hi! 

I find new struts for my 710. Can you post a link on this struts?

Also, a Datsun 710 in Moscow? 

(it'll be nice to have a new person on this website who isn't posting Lada Rivas as Datsun 510s in the sightings thread.)

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about selling the 710 - let me know if you're in the San Francisco area and are interested in this car. ...no rush - I'm not trying to pay for a kidney or anything. I'll still be working on and doing some small improvements in the meantime.