wiring...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the headlites dont need the alternator to turn on is its hooked right up to the battery. its just the switch the fuse and the relay. The relay is just a pass thru when on LOW.

get a test leght and groun the one end and put the pointy end on the connector on back of lamp. Its should lite up on all 3 posts. If not ck your fuse 1st. reset relay. ck the ground by the hood release(I think havent cked this myself).

the turn signal? is the emergency switch installed? I has to be installed as it acts as a pass thru for the turn signals. believe there is a green wire also by steering to be hooked up

the headlites dont need the alternator to turn on is its hooked right up to the battery. its just the switch the fuse and the relay. The relay is just a pass thru when on LOW.

get a test leght and groun the one end and put the pointy end on the connector on back of lamp. Its should lite up on all 3 posts. If not ck your fuse 1st. reset relay. ck the ground by the hood release(I think havent cked this myself).

the turn signal? is the emergency switch installed? I has to be installed as it acts as a pass thru for the turn signals. believe there is a green wire also by steering to be hooked up

OK I will check all that. I checked the fuses last night with a mutlimeter, they where all good. its weird the lights worked before with none of the engine stuff hooked up.

The emergency lights work, they flash correctly. Its only the turn signals, they are solid lights... Kinda annoying having to throw my hand out the window to change lanes safely. laugh.gif

swap the Emergency bliker can to the turn sig can underneath.

Headlites should be EZ fix. ck with test light. If you have power on the 3 post then its a switching ground proplem.

I will try that tonight. Thanks.

Also something I thought of, the reverse lights don't work. I have a new switch in the transmission, but where are the wires to hook it up?

I will try that tonight. Thanks.

Also something I thought of, the reverse lights don't work. I have a new switch in the transmission, but where are the wires to hook it up?

If its like my automatic, the come out of the harness next to the wiper plug.

K, I swapped around the blinker pots and now both emergency flashers and regular are working ... But theres some ~1 second delay in the switch. Is that normal?

I was able to jump the reverse lights, so I know they work. I just have to wire them up!

As for the headlights, the connectors are getting ~11v when the switch is on... so probably bad ground? Ideas on how to troubleshoot it quickly?

The wiper motor is not getting any power when I flip the switch on ...

Also the heater fan does not work... :(

Thanks!!

1-second delay is not normal. You may have a bulb burned out. Front, rear and dash bulbs should all be working for normal operation.

Headlights getting less than battery voltage means dirty connections somewhere. Could be in the + side or the ground side.

My heater fan was not working, I pulled the wire connector and pushed it back on and it started working. It means a bad connection.

1-second delay is not normal. You may have a bulb burned out. Front, rear and dash bulbs should all be working for normal operation.

Headlights getting less than battery voltage means dirty connections somewhere. Could be in the + side or the ground side.

My heater fan was not working, I pulled the wire connector and pushed it back on and it started working. It means a bad connection.

Hmm, the dash was not fully assembled so the inside indicators where not working, that's probably the cause.

Headlights don't work at all, the lights under the headlights come on when I flip the switch, but that's it. They are getting voltage, and they worked before when I had none of the engine stuff hooked up. I'm trying to figure out what I changed, but its a bit weird. Having voltage means its probably a ground issue, I'm just not sure how to pinpoint it.

I'll check the heater fan connections and see if I can get em working. I'll use some connection cleaner stuff on them... Should help.

Thanks.

Hit the high beam switch. See if the High beams come on. The lights are switch on the ground side. meaning they have constant + power, but the - line gets interrupted. clean wires, clean the relay, clean the switch, its all the ground.

Hit the high beam switch. See if the High beams come on. The lights are switch on the ground side. meaning they have constant + power, but the - line gets interrupted. clean wires, clean the relay, clean the switch, its all the ground.

High beams don't come on either.

Like I said before with the switch OFF you should have 12volts at all the 3 post on the low beam lamp.

Tell us YES or NO.

Oh I see, it was getting wavering 9~11v when I had my multimeter up to it...

I will clean out everything and see if I can get em working.

Thanks.

edit, fixed lights, was a stupid ground problem something I caused when I did the alternator.

I mistook the ground for a shorted wire, somehow. The lights, high beams, turn signals, reverse lights, ect all working now with nice custom ground wires.

There is still some delay in the turn signals, about 1 second its more of an inconvenience from what I'm use to.

The only thing not working is the wiper motor and interior stuff! I still have to pull the heater plastic stuff out to get to that connector, gonna clean it and hope I can get it working. It would suck having to drive to LA with no heater if it gets cold! AC does not matter, I have windows! Still might get a little electric fan for inside...

For the wiper motor, any ideas? Is the best option to upgrade the wiper motor or have it rebuilt? Or but a NOS one?

OK, everything seems to be working but the interior fan and wiper motor - the fan I have not even stated troubleshooting yet.

The wiper motor is getting 0v on all 5 connectors with the switch on full.. I'm going to try to disassemble and reassemble the switch to see if I can find a problem.

• 2 weeks later...