Manure

KELMO

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ron1200, don't know if it was on CL. The guy lives in my hood and I actually bought some 1200 stuff from him years ago when we both lived in different hoods. He was asking for 1500 but I talked him down a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, ordered gaskets, main and rod bearings, piston rings..figure I'm good right? Wrong.

Holy pistons batman.....

green042.jpg

green045.jpg

So, then I ordered pistons, figured I'd get em in about a week or so.....wrong. Check on the order and says it is canceled....dang, can't call til tomorrow.

So today I go to my buddies place who used to own my other coupe and we gett to talking about the green one and how I am in need of pistons.....long story short, he has a set of OEM std and 1st oversize.

Socre I say

green052.jpg

pulled out the pistons today....

green058.jpg

green057.jpg

3 out of 4 pistons were similar to this one (came outta #2 hole), 1,2,and 3 all had no top piston ring and # 4 was in 2 pieces and 4 or 5 small bits.

No small pieces in the pan so I think this motor was run for some time in this condition. Got some cleaning to do while I am waiting for rod and main bearings. 1 step farther.

• 4 months later...

OK, the weather is gettin better and I been in the garage all winter....tryin to find a decent motor. The third one I tore down seemed to be usable.

green068.jpg

torn down and cleaned

green063.jpg

cleaned, honed and painted.

I'm close to being done building this one just gotta find my other oics....then its on to the transmission

Yep, one or two of the cylinder walls had not just some scoring but more like a valley running through em. If I get motivated today I should have the motor done and ready to install.

Little bit more this weekend

one out...one ready to go in

eng042912004800x600.jpg

eng042912003800x600.jpg

eng042912002800x600.jpg

glad I found this before installing the motor

installed.....and it runs

eng042912001800x600.jpg

So, I built this motor for the green car but installed it in the grey car because I didn't want a fresh motor sitting around 6 or 12 months and the one that was in the grey car was starting to sound a little haggard. If I get motivated next weekend.....the tranny is coming out of the green one.......IF

Little bit more this weekend

one out...one ready to go in

eng042912004800x600.jpg

eng042912003800x600.jpg

eng042912002800x600.jpg

glad I found this before installing the motor

installed.....and it runs

eng042912001800x600.jpg

So, I built this motor for the green car but installed it in the grey car because I didn't want a fresh motor sitting around 6 or 12 months and the one that was in the grey car was starting to sound a little haggard. If I get motivated next weekend.....the tranny is coming out of the green one.......IF

Lookin' good! :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Ok, so its been a year.  Bet ya'll thought I let this one die in the garage dinja?  Well she went off today to be blasted and then to paint.

1369148096572_zps1a1f7373.jpg

I mean, its all about the BUILD not the tear down right? I do have some pics, but you will have to pester me....I'm  a little old and a little lazy

• Like 2

Ok, so its been a year.  Bet ya'll thought I let this one die in the garage dinja?  Well she went off today to be blasted and then to paint.

1369148096572_zps1a1f7373.jpg

I mean, its all about the BUILD not the tear down right? I do have some pics, but you will have to pester me....I'm  a little old and a little lazy

It could be worse, you could be as old as me! :rofl: Are you still interested in those wheels and tires?  I need to make some room in my garage. :thumbup:

Right now I have no room either.  Had to rent another storage unit to put parts from the green car in and just bought a 510 goon, so yeah, my garage is full and my car fund is empty.

• 2 weeks later...