For PL620 King Cab oweners only

datsunlandsocal

hello to all, i posted a few weeks ago that i was going to remanufacture PL620 rear side 1/4 window seals. that time is here! i just received the first article (samples) 1 pair to try out before i go ahead and manufacture the rest of my order. i'm looking for someone that would install the seals on there truck, and of course i will supply the seals for free. you just have to let me know how they fit,quality, looks ect....i've tentatively offered "SKIB" to do this and tried to contact him no reply yet. i'm lookoing for a backup source and or volunteer. if anybody is interested please email me at datsunlandsocal@sbcglobal.net thank you Mike

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I currently have 4 620KCs at my disposal. None are pretty but they would be suitable for the test fit and related pics. Eventually I will need 3 sets of seals, and I am not too far from you if you wanted to come out and see the install for yourself.

023-3.jpg

001-4.jpg

016-5.jpg

011.jpg

001-4.jpg

Hmmm,i've seen this one before...somewhere.....

Yeah, I wonder where I found that..

I have talked with Mike. The sample seals are on their way to me as we speak. They should be here Monday afternoon. I will get them fit ASAP and take plenty of pics.

• Like 1

hello to all, i don't know if i'm breaking any rules by saying this? the seals a pair will sell for $60 plus s&h the seals soon will be on my web page datsunlandsocal.com

Really doesen't sound like you are breaking any rules. If you took money and didn't deliver however, that would not be good. I am very interested in seeing the fit and finish of these seals! Kudos to you sir.

hello to all, i don't know if i'm breaking any rules by saying this? the seals a pair will sell for $60 plus s&h the seals soon will be on my web page datsunlandsocal.com

I know the seals are not ready to sell but lets say they are, what is shipping and handling going to cost to 99403.

WOOHOO first time I've been excited about a Monday in a long time. The seals are supposed to get here around 3:oo today. USPS don't fail me now. I have needed these for a really long time.

Install pics tonight.

thumbsup-1.jpg

gene knight wrote:

WHERE R U GETTING SEALS FROM?

from the people that remanufacture all my seals.

CUZ MY FRIEND HERE DAT620 HAS BEEN FIGHTING TOOTH N NAIL ON GETTING HIS ORDER OF SEALS PROCESSED THRU DIFFERENT VENDOR WHO HAS BEEN DRAGGIN ASS ON MANUFACTURING

what does this have to do with me?

THE SEALS AS WELL AND PEOPLE HAVE PAID IN ADVANCE

own my own (datsunlandsocal.com) business,as a hobby. sounds like cash flow problems for the other person, for taking money in advance. rule number 1 never give money up front to have something made. that's a way to get taken! plus that person is using your money to "MAKE" money, and not using thiers. rule 2 if you still want to give your money to this person make sure you use a credit card. this will cover yourself if that person does not follow thru. rule 3 if this person only takes cash and will not except credit cards obviously thier NOT very well established in business.

SOME GET PISSED OFF AND SAY HE HIS SCAMMING THEM BUT IF YOU READ HIS POST YOU WILL SEE HE IS SELLING SEALS ALSO

i would be upset also, but i would of used some common sense. it's like the old saying goes, " if the deal sounds to good to be true buyer beware"!

me 56 years young. into datsuns for some 38 years plus. learned how to drive a stick shift in a brand new 1968 PL521... oh, not to date myself. datsunlandsocal specializing datsun 510's 68-73 2doors, 4 doors, and wagons for almost 12 years as a hobby. the datsun community lucky to have enthusiasts like myself that have never ask for any money up front, and are willing to pour thier own money into help keep these cars on the road

The Dat620 guy, i dont know. I do know the story and its terrible.

I have bought a few seals from datsunlandsocal.com and haven't had any issues with them to date. I think someone else is pissed off because you are getting your seals done and on the market before this other guy does. No offense to dat620, im sure he is a nice enough guy just had a shitty manufacture push him off and off and left him high and dry with his pre-orders.

update on rear 1/4 window seals. bob72gts phoned me today about the fit of the seals, and he took alot of pictures. bob and i discuss the fit of the seals. bob has been over the top helpful with the seals. i totally have 100% confidence with him and his opinion. i'm bleesed to have found a guy like bob with so much experience and knowledge along with fairness. conclusion so far is seals are usable but not 100% right. not good enough for datsunlandsocal standards. back to the manufacture for rework. my experience in making seals for the past 12 years is when using old seals to remanufacture, very rarely do they come out right the first time. down side it will take some time to redo the tooling. a few weeks or so. will get back to all with a time frame when i find out. these people do not drag thier feet when making my seals. Mike datsunlandsocal