610 street demon resurection

bonvo

fogs1.jpg

fogs2.jpg

here are the pics of the fog lights lit these bastards are almost as bright as my h4 headlights and cut the fog like its nothing

another update my grandma let the cat out of the bag she is gonna get me a new steering wheel like the one i posted i wanted so i think the momo will be re finished and be up for sale depending i may put it in my truck i dont know anyway she also mentioned somthing about paying for exhaust as well :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i like the idea as well its way to narrow for the rear but ti works perfect for the front i havent tried the coil yet im gonna give it a shot this weekend i have the house to myself so i have nothing to do but play with the car im gonna see if the coil works (dont see why it wouldnt) clean up the engine compartment some and attack the throttle linkage (fixed it but now i wanna lube it all really well)

(fixed it but now i wanna lube it all really well)

Hehehehe. He said lube

The lights look nice. I need to send you the other turn signal. If I weren't so damn busy...

Hehehehe. He said lube

The lights look nice. I need to send you the other turn signal. If I weren't so damn busy...

lube is a magical word bro it makes alot of things easier :lol::lol::lol: what have you been up to these days bro? hows the sedan coming?

yeah the turn signal set up wuild be nice the cops here dont like it to much when mine dont work :P

looks really good man, think i might put some fog lights back on the 620 after i take the ones off that came on it :mad:

the fog lights are really a great addition they are bright as hell and really cut the fog well highly recomended :P

Guest jaimesix
well tried to run my new chrome coil no go car coughed and sputtered all over itself and couldnt move so the stock goes back in

Better lighting power will help, specially in the rainy season. Cool!

Check the specificartions on that coil, primary and secondary power requirements. Coils are not universal.

There is a posibility that in the event the coil is the right one, coil internals could be fried.

Jaime>__________________________________________________

im not sure on the coil i got it from agentalpha its a chrome alison im thinking since it runs good after about 3000 rpm with it maybe its made to run with no balist resister?

thanks for the compliment on the lights im gonna take the car for a photoshoot this weekend weather i get it lowered or not

I got it from a z guy.

Might very well be applicable to a F/I Z setup, knowing him.

Coil is PROBABLY good, just a different resistance.

Glad I just gave it to you free.

Be careful.

If you run it without a ballast resistor,

and it should have one,

you will blow the condenser.

Most auto parts stores can usually test 'em, I think.

Edited by agentalpha
I got it from a z guy.

Might very well be applicable to a F/I Z setup, knowing him.

Coil is PROBABLY good, just a different resistance.

Glad I just gave it to you free.

Be careful.

If you run it without a ballast resistor,

and it should have one,

you will blow the condenser.

Most auto parts stores can usually test 'em, I think.

my dad has a coil tester in his asilascope in the garageb im gonna rest it on there and see what happens

nothing new to report except for a weird issue im having it will be running then just die as if it has no spark or somthing wait a second turn the car over and she runs great again im confused :confused: but i did take it for a photoshoot so pics:D

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04103.jpg

DSC04104.jpg

DSC04106.jpg

DSC04110.jpg

DSC04111.jpg

DSC04113.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

now what i wish it had looked like but i dont have the money for a spring compresser right now

$20 @ Harbor Freight. Mine lasted for 3 years, now I need to replace. They took care of a dozen set of struts over their lifetime. Just keep them clean and oiled, and they'll last even longer.

$20 @ Harbor Freight. Mine lasted for 3 years, now I need to replace. They took care of a dozen set of struts over their lifetime. Just keep them clean and oiled, and they'll last even longer.

only problem is i dont know where there is a harbor freight around hereatherwise i would be all over it thats cheaper then the rental fee at autozone:eek:

Looks good man. I can't help but wonder how it would look with the tail light panel blacked out..like on the 240z's.

you mean like the inside of the chrome trim? hmmm thats got the gears turning ill have to photoshop it

when I did my first 280zx strut swap, I went to a local les schwab and asked them to pull the top bolt in their spring comprssor... They said they normally don't do that cause the parts are off the car... They almost sent me on my way till the manager came over and told the guy that if I take it home and hurt myself it would be their fault so they did it for free! :D

I usually use a couple of ratcheting straps... And that works great!

only problem is i dont know where there is a harbor freight around hereatherwise i would be all over it thats cheaper then the rental fee at autozone:eek:

you mean like the inside of the chrome trim? hmmm thats got the gears turning ill have to photoshop it

we've got a harbor freight about 5 minutes from here.

bonvo that is one bad ass ride you got there dude

thanks alot man its a labor of love to keep her going but well worth it

when I did my first 280zx strut swap, I went to a local les schwab and asked them to pull the top bolt in their spring comprssor... They said they normally don't do that cause the parts are off the car... They almost sent me on my way till the manager came over and told the guy that if I take it home and hurt myself it would be their fault so they did it for free! :D

I usually use a couple of ratcheting straps... And that works great!

hmmm thats an idea at least somthing to consider

i never would have thought of the ratchet straps thats a good idea :D

we've got a harbor freight about 5 minutes from here.

hmm well next time im down that way i should stop in and snag on lol

I did a write up with lots of pics called, "How to remove 510 struts and crossmember" .... here's the link:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=6521

Follow those steps and you won't need a spring compressor ..... you will need a sping compressor to change the shocks

Ratcheting straps sounds dangerous, bailing wire was a bad idea too....

Edited by INDY510

My straps are rated for 1000lbs... 2 of those ain't going no where... and you don't need to remove the struts to cut a coil. I believe thats what bonvo has planned.

Get under there man! I've done this without a spring compressor at all! I have never been hurt when cutting coils... When doing a coilover conversion once I got desperate, and cut a little bit out of both side of several coils to relieve tension on the spring, this caused the spring the lose its strength and allowed me to cut the spring off completely... no big BOING! The coils just fell off... made it MUCH easier to get the top nut off so I could slide the coilovers in.

My straps are rated for 1000lbs... 2 of those ain't going no where... and you don't need to remove the struts to cut a coil. I believe thats what bonvo has planned.

Get under there man! I've done this without a spring compressor at all! I have never been hurt when cutting coils... When doing a coilover conversion once I got desperate, and cut a little bit out of both side of several coils to relieve tension on the spring, this caused the spring the lose its strength and allowed me to cut the spring off completely... no big BOING! The coils just fell off... made it MUCH easier to get the top nut off so I could slide the coilovers in.

i wanna do zx struts with coilovers but thats not in the budget right now lol

the big boing is what im trying to avoid i had it happen to me at the yard once i needed the strut top off a 94 maxima i climbed in the engin compartment befor i loosend the top nut that damn thing hit the ground hard enough to bury part of itself lol