610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and shes home for now fabing up a fire wall for the gas tank removing the head liner make it stop again then off to get the cage then back to the body shop to get sprayed i tried to get pics of the good in the sun but it didnt wanna work with me 

ok3RRPz.jpg

iPcfu8z.jpg

JZMOgvN.jpg

MQjIhAt.jpg

25JG4YU.jpg

LOcmgB2.jpg

7qUz9rZ.jpg

jI6UePZ.jpg

dtJkJ3Q.jpg

• Like 4
  • 7 months later...

well after a long winter im working on her again fabbed up the fuel tank fire wall and mocked up my new seat also started stripping the floors back again this time im doing more prep to make it so i never have to do them again

IuxlZTC.jpg

eG7i3n3.jpg

Edited by bonvo
  • Like 3
43 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Hey, son, how's it goin'?

It goes working a new job married lost the set4 to a dumb ass who decided to ram into it while i was at work bought a new daily and now trying to get this thing back on the road i miss driving it it should be painted and driveable by mid summer i hope

• Like 1

managed to get the passenger floor stripped back to bare metal again and got thedrivers side started before the stripper wheel gave up coated in rust converter before i coat in roll on bed liner this time it should last unlike the rattle can bed liner 

NRWM06d.jpg

oyILed1.jpg

ld4F1CZ.jpg

YTojRNL.jpg

• Like 2
11 hours ago, metalmonkey47 said:

That color is fantastic.

isnt it though? and it wasnt even a color i originally considered but my body guy suggested it and i instantly fell in love with it 

• Like 1
On 5/24/2019 at 8:36 PM, bonvo said:

isnt it though? and it wasnt even a color i originally considered but my body guy suggested it and i instantly fell in love with it 

It almost reminds me of the Infiniti Iridium Blue that they use on the new Q50 and Q60's. I planned on using that blue on my Cafe Racer.

2017-Infiniti-Q60-Red-Sport-400-Iridium-

• 10 months later...
On 9/17/2018 at 8:05 PM, bonvo said:

passenger side flares are done and passenger side is almost all blocked out 

750PJjV.jpg

QmZobXR.jpg

flares

2YVXcoR.jpg

So cool.  I had to blink and shake my head.  My brain thought I was watching back to the future III where they get the DeLorean out of the abandoned mine shaft.

• 2 months later...

also got  crafty its a kenmari but the closest ill get with a hotwheel. I'ts my car....key will be painted to match the  car when the body guy sprays it 

8LpDJNn.jpg

Edited by bonvo
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...

havnt done much waiting on the body guy still but the rear coils are installed and i picked up the last big piece for the engine swap behold the glory of the borg warner t-5 with chevy bellhousing

Md2ypML.jpg

with b&m short throw 

cHWcw6d.jpg

and who needs a truck when you have an acura

wLxhAcO.jpg

also finished the car key that will be painted to match the car

A2ru7Ck.jpg

LWhUDrm.jpg

nxzbiha.jpg

will hopefully be getting some bigger updates soon as im trying to arrange getting it to a friends place to finish the front coils and  make some sub frame connecters

Edited by bonvo
  • Like 6
  • 4 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, bonvo said:

Hey Bonvo, great to see more work on the 610. I love 610s, especially coupes.

You're coilover change made me think of this video that Brendan Reeves put out last year when he was building his 510 rally car. It's got coilovers too...

The reason I mention it is because of what someone mentioned to me a while back. That being swapping coilovers straight in without any other mods can cause issues. The trailing arms around the shock mount on the 510 are boxed in (See 10:30, it's called the "Safari" mod.) It stops the shock mount on the arm from bending. I'm also told the upper shock mount isn't really designed to have a the whole weight of the back of the car on it. You can see his upper shock mounts are all seam welded and the mounts are built into the cage and braced together (See 10:04). 

Anyhow, I know you're not building a rally car, but I thought you might like to see this. 🙂 

• Like 2