610 street demon resurection

bonvo

lol what do you mean bro you had the licence plate lights didnt you :P

Yep, had them in my hand... long enough to toss them into the trunk of that sedan. But, on a lighter note, I did take the ENTIRE interior. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sickdrift: no i havent lowerd it yet i need to wait till i can afford the tools i have to reg smog and renew then insurence all with my next check money will be tight

datzenmike: you know i never thought of that thats a good idea to consider when i repaint it thanks for the insperation

Yep, had them in my hand... long enough to toss them into the trunk of that sedan. But, on a lighter note, I did take the ENTIRE interior. :D

damn oh well the hunt begins :P just somthing to keep my eyes peeled for thats all

oh and i forgot i may be able to get a header soon :D with the head im working on getting from sickdrift it looks like my idea of a performance head for when i dont have to smog it is comming to life

oh zerow ill send you some pics of how the housings turned out i cant beleve the results myself

Edited by bonvo
Guest jaimesix

Bonvo.

There is a great product you can add to your radiator, "Water Wetter" by Redline. Sold at Pep Boys. My brother uses it in his autocross car, he does enthusiast autocrossing ( at an auto club.) for fun, and that product is great.

I know it is no substitute for a proper fan, but it will help, fan or not.

Check it out.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

Jaime._____________________________________________________

i feel stupid i know i posted things about my temp readings but i never posted pics and my conclution of the rabbit radiator

ok here is a pic of what my temp gadge shows when i do anything over 40 mph

temp1.jpg

and this is it if i sit at a light to long on a relativly hot day

temp2.jpg

solution: i need a bigger fan :P but all in all when it has enough air flowing over it the car runs "cold blooded" i would recomned the rabbit radiator upgrade to ayone looking to use it as long as they use a good fan with it

• 4 weeks later...
i feel stupid i know i posted things about my temp readings but i never posted pics and my conclution of the rabbit radiator

ok here is a pic of what my temp gadge shows when i do anything over 40 mph

temp1.jpg

and this is it if i sit at a light to long on a relativly hot day

temp2.jpg

solution: i need a bigger fan :P but all in all when it has enough air flowing over it the car runs "cold blooded" i would recomned the rabbit radiator upgrade to ayone looking to use it as long as they use a good fan with it

You know, I just noticed something: Did you take these pics back to back?? If so, why do you have more gas at a stop than when you were moving?? I will place my bet that you need to re-ground your instrument cluster. I need my Haynes book back to see what position is the ground wire on the circular connector (paging nbesheer with Haynes book, please, nbesheer with zerow's book, please) I know you went with the Rabbit radiator, but I wouldn't want this to be an instrumentation problem.

nope different times shit different days even its not an instrumentation problem that i can think of everything works (except that damn brake light its always on and the brakes work fine there is nothing wrong with them) i doubt it but could a bad ground cause that light to always stay on?

nope different times shit different days even its not an instrumentation problem that i can think of everything works (except that damn brake light its always on and the brakes work fine there is nothing wrong with them) i doubt it but could a bad ground cause that light to always stay on?

Hey Bonvo I had the same problem on my first 510 tuned out to be the switch on the E brake was bad, see what happens if you mess with E brake try pushing in on the handle when its released

Clayton

Hey Bonvo I had the same problem on my first 510 tuned out to be the switch on the E brake was bad, see what happens if you mess with E brake try pushing in on the handle when its released

Clayton

ill have to try that thanks for the idea man:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix

Hey bro, how is it going??

Still not re connected to the net. I fired "Earthlink" for gross incompetence.:)

Studying the market in order to avoid another fiasco, so my presence in the net will be sporadic untill reconnection.

I will send you some pixes of my ride. Soon on the road. I am getting plenty of info and experience with my 610 suspension, I will relay it to you.

Meanwhile, when enver posible, get a set of front 280ZX strut assemblies. Those bolt on to the 610 suspension.

The benefit is the vented rotor and larger brake caliper. With a new spring perch welded on, you can add threaded sleeves that will render your suspension height adjustable.

Keep in touch.

Jaime.________________________________________________

Hey bro, how is it going??

Still not re connected to the net. I fired "Earthlink" for gross incompetence.:)

Studying the market in order to avoid another fiasco, so my presence in the net will be sporadic untill reconnection.

I will send you some pixes of my ride. Soon on the road. I am getting plenty of info and experience with my 610 suspension, I will relay it to you.

Meanwhile, when enver posible, get a set of front 280ZX strut assemblies. Those bolt on to the 610 suspension.

The benefit is the vented rotor and larger brake caliper. With a new spring perch welded on, you can add threaded sleeves that will render your suspension height adjustable.

Keep in touch.

Jaime.________________________________________________

jaime have you looked into at&t for internet? thats whats here at the house and it works great. i look forward to pics of the car man thats for sure

i was looking into a set of struts off a zx last time i was at the yard till i got to the front and they wanted $70 a peice:eek:i got to find a new yard near by

Guest jaimesix
jaime have you looked into at&t for internet? thats whats here at the house and it works great. i look forward to pics of the car man thats for sure

i was looking into a set of struts off a zx last time i was at the yard till i got to the front and they wanted $70 a peice:eek:i got to find a new yard near by

Bonvo, do not forget Datsuns 810, those 810s have the same suspension as the Z cars, and I mean same. 610s have a "similar" suspension, but the 810s are identical. That means 810s have vented discs if not wrong.

About internet, I called ATT, they do not service this area, because Verizon has a monopoly over here, no ATT on Verizon's area.:mad:

Verizon is taking advantage and wants to charge too much.....I am investigating.

Last time I jumped into a deal that went south, but through the Better Business Bureau, I was able to make them recant on their fabricated fees, so I am back to square one.

Meanwhile I use the Library's PCs whenever posible, and have discovered a cool Internet Cafe around town. Cool. Not as cool as having the PC in my room, but it works.

Late...

Jaime._________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix

Hey Bonvo!!!!, need an update too ( asked Zerow before...:) )..... we need the interesting stuff to remain current in this site, a lot of other things here take the attention away from the real interesting threads.

I will bring my thread to life later on, my car is coming closer to be rideable...the closer I get, the more details hinder.....but it will come along!!!

Jaime._______________________________________________________

the car is comming along just gave her a full tune up shes running like a swiss watch still trying to arrange to lower it i was gonna get an el dizzy but the wanted $60 + a core charge at a junk yard i couldnt beleve it the sign said $20 for distributors money is tight right now so no big upgrades or anything

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

I hear you, money is tight, it is that time of the year plus the economic situation as it is.

Will keep you posted on any parts coming along.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

i went down to hayward to meet up with agentalpha he needed a ride to get a few things for his project and in exchange he gave me a few parts part number one is a rear ducktail spoiler for a z car its to narrow to use on the back of my 610 so i was looking at it and the thought came to me i can use this to get thw basic shape to make one for the rear of my car then take theis one flip it upside down and bam i have a spook front airdam :D

haywardparts1.jpg

its obviously not a perfect fit but its somthing i can work with im thinking cut it down the middle so the 2 halfs fit against the valance then make a filler pannel

haywardparts2.jpg

he also threw in a crome alison coil and mounting bracket

haywardparts4.jpg

then to top it the guy we met up with gave me an old school momo steering wheel its in rough shape but a little sanding and painting it will be trick

haywardparts3.jpg

havent decided if this is the wheel i will go with in the long run but for now it will work perfect and i wont have my sterring wheel bitting my hands anymore :D

Edited by bonvo
Guest jaimesix

Bonvo.

Good ideas.

Check this out, I just thought about it. At Orchard Supply Hardware Stores here in Southern Cal I have found nice "rubber sheets". They have Neoprene and also real full rubber. You could use these material(s) to make a "lip" on the top and bottom suerfaces where the spoiler meets the car's valance, making it a tight air free seal. Also on the sides, on those spoiler gaps, a piece of rubber cut to match that triangular shaped on each side extending on its end only so much as to cover the gap and rest on the valance .

That Momo wheel is cool. Is it what it appears to be? wooden grip?? If so, it can be sanded and boat quality wooden finish/lacquer can be applied ( like boat wooden interiors, have that beautifull wooden glow.)

The fins of the wheel can be repainted in black and you will have a cool, good looking and brand name class wheel.

Nice stuff.

Jaime.____________________________________________________