forum vote.

dirtydiesel

Comfortable shoes Man.

Your feet should never be uncomfortable.

Or hurting from your injuries sustained from a motorcycle wreck?

Wish ya luck on getting better, and getting all sorted out.

But don't sell your truck.

You'll end up losing out.

falt cat i did go ou and got me some new vans... i do belive your advice helped in the healing process...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comfortable shoes Man.

Your feet should never be uncomfortable.

Or hurting from your injuries sustained from a motorcycle wreck?

Wish ya luck on getting better, and getting all sorted out.

But don't sell your truck.

You'll end up losing out.

I'm on my feet alll day on a concrete floor, get a nice pair of new balance/asics spelling?/brooks with some happy feet insoles and you can walk all day and feel good. Good shoes are worth the money, Nike is trash for pretty much everything but basketball/track so don't waste your money.

so, you have everything for your truck and would rather buy another one than put it back together? What about putting the thing back together, and buying the little bits and pieces to finish it? you can go without interior, and finish paint for a bit for the love of your datsun right? spray a bit of primer where it needs it, and get to the details when you can right? Even if you're stuck doing the whole thing outside, it can be done. Did you get some time off for your injuries to heal?

I'm on my feet alll day on a concrete floor, get a nice pair of new balance/asics spelling?/brooks with some happy feet insoles and you can walk all day and feel good. Good shoes are worth the money, Nike is trash for pretty much everything but basketball/track so don't waste your money.

I'm outside all day from back yards to construction sites to mountain sides to roadsides. Have to wear safety boots so I have found that the cheap ones just don't cut it. If you make your living on your feet then look after them. I've heard people complain that steel toed boots are colder than without and this is BS. If your feet are cold then the boots are too tight. I buy a size larger than needed and wear thick socks. Less than 80% wool and the synthetic fibers will abrade your heels and toes, so keep it natural fiber. Start your day with clean socks and carry an extra pair. If hot weather take your boots off for lunch and air them, switch to a clean pair of socks if you want. If wet weather or conditions, switch to insulated rubber boots with steel toes. The insulated ones are actually cooler in the summer. The black rubber heats up so hot you can't lay your hand on it and the insulation will keep that away from your feet. There is nothing like working in the cold and rain outside with warm dry feet, nothing. I have a boot dryer and it gently warms and dries them overnight in damp or sweaty weather.

• 2 weeks later...

As one that has sold my favorite truck, (lucky I bought it back) dont sell your truck! But I understand needing to get back and forth to work, and know a little bit about too many projects...

yeah i would like to get my nova back. but im kinda glad that i dont have it.

so i got a d50 i picked it up for 600 runs better after adjusting the valves. and replacing the starter and the alt. i have a bad feeling that the coil and the ign. module are intermently going to shit. these "warm" i say warm becuase its hotter everywhere else. its starts up and drives i get to work and come time for lunch or a parts run. it fires and dies. but yeah its slower than death taking a shit but its transpo.