510 sedan wheel/tire fitment

Sorry if this is a really common topic but I'm new to 510's and this forum so I sifted the wheel/tire section but didnt see anything. Anyways I'm looking at a set of xxr 522's (the te37 look-a-like sorta rims) but the smallest they come in is 15x7 with a +25 offset and a 4.98" backspacing. Would this fit with say a 1/2" spacer? the 15x8 version has a +0 offset and a 4.5" backspacing which seems like it should fit almost better, but I'm sure that would require flares which I dont really want to deal with on my back doors.

the next question is tires. would a 195 or 205 fit better on the 7" rim? I'm not looking for stretched tires but I also dont want my tires bulging super far past the rim lip.

I have coilovers on the front and unknown struts in the back. I was told the car had full Troy Ermish suspension but the only Ermish rear setup I found was coilovers and I dont have coilovers in the rear.

again, sorry if this is something thats gone over a lot, if it is link me?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy some ROTA RBs +15 offset (front and rear)If you have 280zx struts.

+25 in front if you have stock 510 struts.

XXRs are Chinese recycled pop cans wheels.

SSRs= Made in Japan Good wheels.

ROTAs are not that much better than XXRs but dont need spacers and longer studs which is a pain in the ass on the rear to swap out.

Panasports(Japan) are better and and take a 40 curb hit without EXPLODING/Shatering!!!!!!!!

IMHO 510s look better with a dished rim.

• Like 1

I was going to get RB's for my z, wasn't really planing on having the same rims on both cars. I think I'm gonna stick with the 280zx rims that came on the car and just get new tires.

thanks for the help though. I knew xxrs were knockoffs but never really knew they were that bad

they aint that bad. But just make it EZ on yourself getting wheels with the correct offset.

However Im a firm believer in the right wheels will make or break a Car.

See Indy Rusty Ruby car and it just looks Gangsta with the Panasports or the 3 pc wheels.

Z wheels just dont cut it.Its almost better to run the early style hubcaps with a samll white wall on a slammed down car!!!!!!!

Hope the OP doesn't mind me piggybacking onto his thread...

1968 4-door, will be slightly lowered, Z struts... 15X8 25 offset good or no?

(I'm sure the info is out there somewhere, but after trying to memorize fitment specs on so many cars, I figured this time I'd defer to the experts)!

1968 4-door, will be slightly lowered, Z struts... 15X8 25 offset good or no?

15x8 +25 with 280zx struts??? ... .. you will need 25mm spacers and fender flares in the front ..... <_< ... .. don't run 8's in the front without flares

These are 16x8 +12 with 215/40/16 tires ..... stock rear camber,, rolled fenders, mini-tubs ...

5939583644_c3745dcaec_o.jpg

15x8 +25 with 280zx struts??? ... .. you will need 25mm spacers and fender flares in the front ..... <_< ... .. don't run 8's in the front without flares

These are 16x8 +12 with 215/40/16 tires ..... stock rear camber,, rolled fenders, mini-tubs ...

Indy, you totally lost me here...

Were you being facetious about a zero-offset 8" wheel in front? Why would I want flares AND 25mm spacers? Seems to me that if there was a need for flares, I could delete the spacers and be fine.

I'm no stranger to "making the car fit the wheels", but the body on this Dime is too pristine to mess up. Therefore, I'm looking for a nice fitment F & R without stretched tires (I don't mind rolling the fenders, that's mandatory on EVERYTHING I own).

Thanks man - Appreciate the clarification! :)

The tires will hit the front strut tubes with a 15x8 +25 ........ you need about 25mm of spacers ...... . but then the wheels will be sticking out too far in the front

just run a 15x7 like everyone else .... . . do you like the super MAD camber look??? ...... . cause you need it to tuck 15x8's in the back

• 1 month later...

interesting... I have a 71 4 door with stock fenders (rolled ofcourse!) On konig rewind 14x7 -9 185/55r14. 280zx struts up front with a 10mm spacer. (=14x7 -19). It also has tein camber plates maxed out on neg camber... I still got more room if I wanted to add a bigger spacer...