280zx struts

JSWD92k.jpg

Got these bad boys today. 10th anniversary 280zx was scrapped recently. (is '81 the anniversary???because this has the decals but says 12/'81 build date and has the horizontal MC bolts) Engine in pieces in the back, transmission gone. There are old calipers in the back and these were likely new as the pads are really thick. Rotors are rust speckled but smooth and not grooved. Just need a wire wheel. It's not like I need them it just that I'm rescuing them from the crusher. Got the special mag lug nuts. And one of those old dealership cast pot metal license frames.

This reminds me the rears are also disc brake. Need to go back and look, maybe they were replaced too.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u7O6iu7.jpg

Brakes were replaced. There were two really rusty calipers in the trunk so these are the replacements. Look at how meaty the pads are. No grooves on the rotor and everything came apart easily and cleanly. The pads had small brass? coppery colored particles in the pad compound...

hrSXOMD.jpg

Took one side apart and cleaned it, mostly surface rust and cobwebs.

• 7 months later...

Hello, so I recently did the whole 280zx suspension upgrade on my 510, and I sort of just aligned the tires more or less by looking at them. My camber on the other hand looks kind of bad. I do have the stock upper 510 strut mount with 510 stock spring and perch on the 280zx strut with bump steer spacers. How do you guys go about to fix the camber?

Thank you, Erick20200425_182504_HDR_1.jpg

• 2 years later...