sunny truck what tire size?

hey guys i have 14" wheels on my 1200 ute. not sure how wide they are or anything like that but im pretty sure they are dimond racing wheels importer from american to australia. the tyres that are on there now are too big they scrub on the arch every now and then and and always when im reversing and turning. its not undrivable..... but i want to get it lower and if i do with them tires its going to scrub non stop. so what size tires should i get ? the curent ones are 185/60r14 and i need something lower profile, whats a popular size amungst the jdm datsun market ?

DSC_0006.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock is 155/80R12. 185-width is usually the maximum for the front of a 1200, but only works with certain offsets. 175-width works with most wheels only they have an unusual amount of dish(offset) such as FWD wheels.

I'm guessing you have no problems with the rear tires rubbing, if you do you probably need different wheels with less offset. 205s can fit on the rear of a 1200 with the right wheels.

> the curent ones are 185/60r14

If you go with a lower profile like 185/50R14, it will rub less.

yeah the rear wheels dont scrub at all . i was thinking 45's even to make the car lower aswell.. too birds with one stone if they arent too impossible to get :) thanks heaps guys .... all so the front wheels are 175 wide and the rear are 185.

Are 185-50-14 size tires available? I know There were a few guys running a 195-45-14 tires up front, not sure if there are rubbing issues. I am looking to Change out 185-55-14 tires up front for the 45's, or if possible the 175-50-14's.

Take pic's of which tires you end up fitting on the truck!