BOTH GONE, NO MORE PARTS.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you'll all be happy to know I worked a deal with my bodyman, and the yellow 510 is going to be saved in exchange for his good quarter and patching it into my 510 with the shit quarter. Probably will be driven rusty for a while, but either way, not yanking any parts off the yellow 510, so all I have to part out is the blue '69 510.

I'll also be taking the L16 and putting it back in the car with a 4 speed, so no engine parts available, not that anyone probably wanted a stock L16. Yello, I can still get your mounts seeing as I already have a good set on my 510, so I'll yank those off the Z22.

Its kind of funny that you got these things... When I talked to you about them you mentioned something about two more mouths to feed, looks like you decided to cull the herd instead :lol:

Whats the odds that the rear suspension in the 68/69 has all the nuts bolts and washers? Im also needing the rear pillar vent guys and I *might* need a core support... Also, How does that back spoiler/fin fit the trunk? Did Mick ever find the 68 grille? He couldnt find it when I was out there looking at them.

If your body guy digs L16s, Ive got one in the garage with flat tops in it...

Yeah, I really didn't want to get them, but he threatened to take them to pull and save, so here we are. Rear suspension should have all the nuts/bolts/washers. Driveshafts aren't in it, but it rolls, so has to be attached somehow. Rear pillar vents are good, I believe they have a different mounting pattern than the later model vents. I didn't bother to ask for the '69 grille, I can't imagine he has it. Pretty much every other piece of old crapola he had was in them when I got them. Spoiler fits the trunk nicely, but I may use it on my car. Haven't decided yet.

Core support is usable. Someone wants the lower A pillars around the windshield though.

I think it's just aftermarket. I'm thinking it's going to find it's way on my 510. The only annoyance is I like things functional, and it would merely be decoration at the moment. Unless I stick a Subi boxer in with top mount intercooler. That probably won't happen.

• 1 month later...

As of right now the things in the process of selling are:

Seat belts on blue car, front crossmember, possible engine wiring harness.

Possible dash on yellow car, possible engine wiring harness.

That would be the 69 harness?

HRH how is the interior of the blue one? Not the door panels, but I am talking about the bits that cover the a-pillar, b-pillar, and the rear sail panel. Maybe even the kick panels? And the parts that cover the wheel well on the inside and under the bench seat.

My dime was striped of all this stuff pretty much. I was going to make custom bits out of copper flashing (still might), but thought I'd see what is out there!

ALSO if the yellow one is still around, can you tell me the paint code sticker in the engine bay if there is one!

Haha, okay, now I see why I've been getting pms about the cars. Didn't realize it had gotten bumped up to the top again. Blue one is all cut up. I have a full roof cut, but that's a Canby item if I decide to drag it there. Have all the doors left though. And a rear clip sort of. I cut off the rear panel about 4 inches forward of the rear panel to make sure I'd have enough. Rest of the car is gone, traded the front clip to Todd for a rollbar and racing seats.

As far as the yellow one Fisch, where is the paint code sticker located? I don't seem to remember seeing one, but I haven't looked recently.

Oh and the yellow one is going to my bodyman, so really the only parts I have left are the doors and roof cut. Maybe some headlight buckets, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.