dash

lil89ram50

what does the dash on a 521 look like striped? without the padding on top? reason i ask, is because on my last 521 i stripped it, and it was all metal, except the 4 cut outs for the vents, and the one for the tray. now today, i stripped the one in my truck, and it has 4 big additional holes in it. the dash in my first truck did have padding on it that looked just like the one i have now, so i do not believe it was a 520 dash at all. must have made 2 different dashes in these? also, does any one have a dash like my first truck had, or a 520 dash?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a 521 dash stripped, I got these oics. off of jon521s thread.

DSC03120.jpg

It has these impressions built into the dash for strength in back of the defroster holes, the 520 dash doesn't have these.

DSC03119.jpg

This is a 520 dash in my 521, as you can see there are no impressions behind the defroster holes.

DSCN0308-1.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

What year is your truck? Is it a 72? I would find another dash from a 521 that doesn't have the cutouts(holes) or preferably a 520 dash if you can find one. I have never seen a dash like that one, but I have never stripped one down. Fact is that 521 dashes are not that hard to come by, you can stick your hand up under the dash and feel around to see if them holes are there, and then strip that one down or just cover it, that is what someone before me did to mine, it had tuck and roll.

personally i think the way my dash looks is alright. the 520 dash does look better, but i painted my dash and i dont think it looks that bad with the impressions in it. im pretty happy with it.

I hope that I didn't give you the wrong impression, I'm not saying anything bad about your dash, it looks great, I used it as an example because I knew I seen photos of a stripped one recently. I have never seen one like his before, that was why I asked what year his truck was. I also posted oics. of that shit dash I have had for at least 10 years until recently, the best thing about that dash was nothing rattled when put on the dash. lil89ram50 wants to do the same thing you have done.

Thats what was done to mine, just had the original cracked dash under it. I want the same metal dash i had in my first truck. Is that dash for sale?

I have no idea what it looks like underneath that tuck&roll, and it would likely be expensive to ship, you just started looking, maybe someone closer to you will chime in, give it a week or two, if you have not found anything by the end of the month let me know, we'll work something out. I actually wanted to keep it as an example for others to look at, but I now have photos of it.

I hope that I didn't give you the wrong impression, I'm not saying anything bad about your dash, it looks great, I used it as an example because I knew I seen photos of a stripped one recently. I have never seen one like his before, that was why I asked what year his truck was. I also posted oics. of that shit dash I have had for at least 10 years until recently, the best thing about that dash was nothing rattled when put on the dash. lil89ram50 wants to do the same thing you have done.

oh no, i did not think you were saying mine looked bad. no offense taken. I was just saying that i liked mine and it didnt look bad and that it would probably be easier to find a 521 dash than a 520 dash in lil89ram's case here. and his dash is weird, ive never seen it before either.