Street Stories

i thought maybe you guys would be interested in seeing Yosemite, so i'm uploading 300mb worth of photos on my Flickr. ill post what i think the best ones are tomorrow, because it's a lot of oics and loading it would take forever

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol One time I was driving through a.. Lets call it a ghetto. Well my car started to heat up so I pulled over to check it out (Alternator/ water pump belt came loose). As I'm investigating the problem, some mid eighties monte carlo pulls up next to me. Mind you this was "gangster ride" big rims, tint, lame paint job, and a insanley loud system. So I'm some tall skinny white kid in a bad neighborhood and all I can think is I'm about to be robbed at gun point. So the passenger rolls his window down, the loudest music i've ever heard gets turned down, and this younger black guy in all his "gangster gear" leans out and says "Ah shit, yo thats the dopest 510 I've eva seen!!" There was smoke coming from my ears because my mind was so blown. He asked me the ususal what year, whats mods, and how his friends, sisters, grandmothers, great great step uncle used to have one and it was fast. Anyways nothing happend and I made it back to my suburb. I had a white box flared 510 by the way.

Lol One time I was driving through a ghetto lookin' to score some rock. Well my car started to heat up so I pulled over to check it out (Alternator/ water pump belt came loose). As I'm investigating the problem, some mid eighties monte carlo pulls up next to me. Mind you this was "gangster ride" big rims, tint, lame paint job, and a insanley loud system. So I'm some tall skinny white kid in a bad neighborhood and all I can think is I'm about to be robbed at gun point. So the passenger rolls his window down, the loudest music i've ever heard gets turned down, and this younger black guy in all his "gangster gear" leans out and says "Ah shit, yo thats the dopest 510 I've eva seen!!" There was smoke coming from my ears because my mind was so blown. He asked me the ususal what year, whats mods, and how his friends, sisters, grandmothers, great great step uncle used to have one and it was fast. Anyways nothing happend and I made it back to my suburb. I had a white box flared 510 by the way.

fixed.

Woke up quick at about noon

Just thought that I had to be in compton soon

I gotta get drunk before the day begin

Before my mother starts bitchin bout my friends

About to go and damn near went blind

Young niggaz at the pad throwin up gang signs

Ran in the house and grabbed my clip

With the mac-10 on the side of my hip

Bailed outside and pointed my weapon

Just as I thought, the fools kept steppin

Jumped in the fo’ hit the juice on my ride

I got front back and side to side

Then I let the alpine play

Bumpin new shit by nwa

It was gangsta gangsta at the top of the list

Then I played my own shit, it went somethin like this:

Cruisin down the street in my six-fo’

Jockin the bitches, slappin the hoes

Went to the park to get the scoop

Knuckleheads out there cold shootin some hoops

A car pulls up, who can it be?

A fresh el camino rolled, kilo g

He rolls down his window and he started to say

It’s all about makin that gta

• Like 1

Another funny datto story. So the first night I got my box flared 510 running, me and my friends took it out for a spin. I was 17 at the time along with my two friends. Well the wiring in the car was totally f'ed and the tail lights would randomly stop working. Well were crusing around town at night, without working tail lights, and a very loud exhaust. Of course I get pulled over.. This is where the fun begins.. I had the steering colum plastics off earlier and forgot to put them back on, and a mess of wires around the steering wheel. So of course the first thing the cop asks "Is this car stolen?" I then pull the keys out show them to the cop and say "yaah.. keys" He then proceeds to tell me why he pulled me over. Then the worst part, he asks for my insurance and registration. Well... me and my buddys had been smoking a bit of pot while we were working on my car.. Dont judge me :)... and my very intelligent friend forgot he put the pipe and the bag of goodies in the glove box... I lean over and open the what a thought to be contraband free glove box, and as soon as I open it I see, my insurance card, my registration, a funny looking shiny thing, and a sandwhich bag... I immediatly slam the glove box shut, look at the cop and say "Whoops, I left it at my house". Well thank the good lord baby jesus the cop did not get wise, he ended up giving me a "fix it" tickect for not having my insurance or reg. good times..

Bell Bottom Jeans.

Me and Garth Brooks were out on a all day tear around the rural routes in my old '55 one day back in the mid '70s. Late in the afternoon after several adventures and even more beer found ourselves north of Oshawa and had blundered dangerously close to that town. Sure as shit we passed an OPP going the other way on a narrow side street on our way out and I guess we looked guilty or something because I watched his tail lights as he dropped out of sight over the next hill. Yup he hit the brakes too soon and I saw it. I slammed the throttle down to give us some room while he turned around in a farmer's driveway. We got to the next dirt road intersection before he was able to come into sight and carefully not stopping, we turned right and threw the beer case out onto the ditch. Between us, the six or seven beers left we slipped down our snoot boots beside our calves and pulled our bell bottom jeans down over. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Long story short he finally caught up to us putting along legally and stopped us, checked my papers, smelled beer and made us get out while he searched the car and then pissed, gave us ten minutes to get out of town. He followed us too, about 4 cars back and wouldn't you know it the rope that tied the trunk closed came loose and the trunk lid started flapping up and down. I pulled over and quickly tied it as he passed us and I pulled out about two cars behind him. When he went over the next hill out of sight I turned left and got out of there. Without a word Garth pulled out two cold beers and using a screwdriver (twist off caps weren't invented back then) popped us a cold beer each. Boy they tasted great!

Next time:

!/ Garth and I drive my '57 Chev 15 miles home at 3 in the morning.... in reverse.

2/ Garth and I race my '57 around Mosport International Raceway

I've got a couple other good datto misadventures if you guys want to hear them. I.E. Gave a hot chick a ride in my 240z and blew my motor while spinning cookies... then the car got towed by the cops, getting a flat tire at 110mph and spinning six times on hwy 26, Dans guide to fitting 5 people in a 240z.

went to the local friday night meet at sonic last summer in my sr dime had a good time! On the way home me and phil where doing hard pulls on the free way. I got a ways a head of phil and hit the brakes so phil could catch up. just as i hit the brakes a slammed mk2 gti was getting on the free way in the lane next to me. I think he thought i was slowing down to try to race him. I saw him down shift and stomp on it to catch up. So I held it at about 65 as him and phil caught up. i let the gti get right next to my window and i floored it in 5th as i did that he down shifted and floored it and he stayed with me for a couple second or 2 then I looked over waved and grabbed 3rd and jumped him buy a bout 5 cars. then i let him catch up pulled behind him and let phil race him. and he could not pull on phil's car ether. then the next day i look on craigs list and the car was on craigslist for sale.

• Like 1

last tuesday, i'm in northeast in my 521 waiting to take a left and traffic is going steady, i'm impatiently yielding to oncoming traffic until there's a tiny gap that may or may not have been intentional to let me through, turn signal on, I use my other signal (BWAT! BWAT! BWAT!) to let the truck behind the gap know my intentions of going, and the engines fresh and the power is just coming on since the rebuild, so I burn the tires a bit, and throw the truck sideways and straighten out in the outside lane, look left and see a cop waiting in the turn lane. throttled down my obnoxiously loud truck, and casually continued at the speed limit, fully expecting to be pulled over. He never even moved, just continued on his way like nothing happened. Moral of the story: sometimes its okay, as long as you do it in a datsun :)

ooh, looks like I have back to back stories. i'm heading to work in northeast again yesterday at the beginning of columbia where it goes 2 lanes into 1 getting ready to try my luck against a big diesel dodge (I think) truck. I didn't care what it was, I just wanted in front. This toyota solara pulls from behind it to along side, taking my chance to do so, and I have to hit my brakes even harder than usual. I'm irritated, but think, well maybe we can both get in front of it, or I can just get in front of you behind it, so I let them take off, and they're both going for it, I let a couple car lengths in between to see who's gonna' win, and think I see the toyota pulling ahead, and stuff it the rest of the way to the floor for the best part of first, and slam 2nd and it peels out! I launch forward, and come very close to hitting the solara as I let off. More gently back on the gas, and they were closely matched, so since the toyota is slowly pulling ahead, I stay snug on his tail for a second, look at the dodge, smile, and let off so he can pull in behind. Not many years ago, they would have both been passed in the "Emergency passing lane" (median). this acura that was behind watching all this wanted to play with me after that, but wouldn't you know it, it was my turnoff for work. Not quite sure how that would have turned out though. I am only running a single carbed, non turbo, no nos l20b. Just built it for a work truck, DD with a little extra hp, and a little less drag on the motor just in case. :)

ollz, gl, Burkos, traded my 620kc with frontier wheels and a truckbox complete for a 2 door 510 no motor/ blown rearend, and general consensus is I got the better deal. Yeah there was just one ding on the tail, and not even a door ding besides that, but imho, you're dreaming. Hope you love your 720, because with that high of a trade expectation, you're keeping it.

ollz, gl, Burkos, traded my 620kc with frontier wheels and a truckbox complete for a 2 door 510 no motor/ blown rearend, and general consensus is I got the better deal. Yeah there was just one ding on the tail, and not even a door ding besides that, but imho, you're dreaming. Hope you love your 720, because with that high of a trade expectation, you're keeping it.

hahaha, that is the point. I love my 720 to death. That would be the ONLY thing i would give it up for.