Street Stories

This thread is for your stories while driving, whether they are racing or stupid ideas that are one of your best memories. seeing as i only have my permit to drive, i shouldn't be getting ideas but.....

My dad was telling me that in the 80's on his way to work he was on 680 in his Chevelle when a 510 came blazing by. the 510 slowed down a bit for my dad, on the third honk the 510 and my dad punched it. my dad slips away for a second, then the 510 gets a hold of him and speeds past him like nothing.

there is also a time my dad had a 82 Dodge Magnum ( i don't think they were sold here) and drove the car to 270 KPH

share your stories, i wanna read em! ^_^

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruzed the Alki Beach waterfront today in the mid afternoon. At the end there was stop and go traffic FOREVER! Had a decent gap between me and the car infront of me. Noticed in my rear view that a group of street bikes were going around everyone in the Bicycle lane on my right. Traffic was moving slow and steady at this time so I...

1) Full Throttle...

2) At high RPM Drop Clutch in 1st Gear,

3) Immediately move left foot to brake and push enough to keep from hitting the car ahead...

4) Continue to smoke tire as long as possible for the Bikes to Enjoy!

I could tell they were happy from the way they hit their rev limiters as they rode thru the cloud!

The best part was that it was a concrete area so the tire Screamed like Crazy!

Cruzed the Alki Beach waterfront today in the mid afternoon. At the end there was stop and go traffic FOREVER! Had a decent gap between me and the car infront of me. Noticed in my rear view that a group of street bikes were going around everyone in the Bicycle lane on my right. Traffic was moving slow and steady at this time so I...

1) Full Throttle...

2) At high RPM Drop Clutch in 1st Gear,

3) Immediately move left foot to brake and push enough to keep from hitting the car ahead...

4) Continue to smoke tire as long as possible for the Bikes to Enjoy!

I could tell they were happy from the way they hit their rev limiters as they rode thru the cloud!

The best part was that it was a concrete area so the tire Screamed like Crazy!

i presume this wasn't in a datto :P

one time I was rollin down I5 in my turbo 240z....

....... and got stuck in traffic for 2 hours.

(ratsun does not condone nor encourage street racing/other dumb shit in your car)

[img]http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/datsun1600_crash.png[/img]

(that car was RHD btw)
  • Like 2

My 510 is by no means a show car or even that nice but I love it. Yesterday on the way to my girlfriends house some guy pulled next to me on the fwy and asked me if I wanted to sell it, I said no and speed up then the guy pulls next to me again and whips out a wad of cash and asks me again, I still reply no he gives me I thumbs up and I flash him the peace sign and pull off the freeway. Its funny how I get more compliments on my 510 than any other cars I've ever owned, everybody loves a Datsun !

My 510 is by no means a show car or even that nice but I love it. Yesterday on the way to my girlfriends house some guy pulled next to me on the fwy and asked me if I wanted to sell it, I said no and speed up then the guy pulls next to me again and whips out a wad of cash and asks me again, I still reply no he gives me I thumbs up and I flash him the peace sign and pull off the freeway. Its funny how I get more compliments on my 510 than any other cars I've ever owned, everybody loves a Datsun !

yeah tell me about it, everyone who knows anything about cars and was raised in the 70's asks me if my 510 is for sale, one guy offered me 5,000 as it sits! i'm too emotionally attached to my car

Guest 510kamikazifreak

July 2011(2nd-23rd)

22 nights in a tent :o

Started on Vancouver Island July 2nd 7am

Went through Southern BC(north And south),Alberta(north and south),Saskatchewan(North and south),Manitoba(south),Northern Ontario to Southern Ontario,Quebec,New Brunswick,PEI,And Nova Scotia

Stayed the first night in Penticton BC.

This was on the Hope Princton highway(one of the highways to Penticton)Beer truck

crosscanada004.jpg

This what was left of the beer :o

crosscanada005.jpg

the next day in Sparwood BC(worlds largest truck)

crosscanada012.jpg

Just outside of Crownest settlement(miles and mile of these windmills,they are approx 2 stories tall)

crosscanada015.jpg

Too cool this was in front of e dentist office in Saskatchewan

crosscanada016.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

continuedOn a farm in Manitoba

crosscanada021.jpg

Rivers in Manitoba were in full force :blink: In July!

crosscanada026.jpg

Old tin all over the place on the praries

crosscanada032.jpg

Northern Ontario town(Kenora)

crosscanada034.jpg

Campground in Southern Ontario(where the small tornado blew through,needed to buy a new tent :lol: ,this was about 1 hr before the storm hit)

crosscanada056.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Continued

The highway into Montreal(they are fucking crazy drivers)

crosscanada063.jpg

In Edmunston New Brunswick(nice people and town)

crosscanada075.jpg

The start of Confederation Bridge in PEI

crosscanada077.jpg

crosscanada079.jpg

mid bridge

crosscanada081.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

continued :blink:

Poo tree :lol: (fungus)in PEI

crosscanada105.jpg

Welcome to

crosscanada109.jpg

There are street signs for these in manitoba

crosscanada128.jpg

More old tin

crosscanada173.jpg

Well I will make it short22 nights in a tent(kids, wife, dog)

Clocked 14,352 KM on the trip, had a event from Ontario rds( I agree D-Mike fuck Ontario)

Had to replace right tie rod on the way back ( did a tape measure alignment in New Brunswick)

ALmost got hit in another tornado(heard on the news fuck it we are leaving,was in Hanna Alberta)crosscanada185.jpg

The Clouds forming

I like this shot(post card almost :lol: )

crosscanada180.jpg

Was alot of fun. If anyone ever gets a chance to do the same in their own Country do it...

Thats a short blip on the trip, Managed to find another 17 yellow hot wheels and 6 55 series 510s along the way, plus many more non 510 toy cars :lol:

Only real Datto sigtings were, 1 in Saskatchewan(620 rusty)1, Alberta 240 Z not bad.

1 320 For sale outside of Salmon arm BC

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Freak, I kept looking for a pic of the Datsun on the trip? What did you drive across the continent?

Drove the family mobile(Ford Explorer)

No way I would put a datsun through Ontario roads :o

Been to Seattle once, checked Alki out.....probably the coolest little area I've been to in a very long time. Never drove those roads over the hill though.

Some more pics

crosscanada122.jpg

crosscanada117.jpg

crosscanada153.jpgSanta in July :lol:

crosscanada196.jpg

Trans Canada highway forget where

That looked like a really awesome trip, tons and tons of open country in Canada still, I can also see why corner store employees get like 15 bucks an hour in some of the more rural areas............if wide open prairie lands and oil fields could be called rural.