weber upgrade

master tech

I'm finaly gonna put a webber on my truck im at work waiting for the adapter plate for it right now. This carb use to have solid linkage and on mine its just a cable so hopefuly I can make it work any pics you guys have of a weber installed on a z24 might be helpful esp. the area with the cable area

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will try to get a picture in a day or two. I took a bolt and cut it off a little longer than what is used for 2 nuts to lock together to put through the hohe on the plate attaching to the butterfly. On the other end drilled a hole for the cable to go through. Then drilled and tapped another to lock the cable in place. That is how i did on my 81 720. Will now need to do the same on my new 4x4. Will get pics in a few days. If can not find a spare i made will make another at work sunday night.

• 2 weeks later...

DONT SWAP IF YOUR TRUCK IF FINE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only swap it when you think its going BAD.

most times you can use the Nissan linkage from the old carb to fit the weber.The early Datsuns linkage in back of carb would fit the weber. also Weber made a cable mount bracket to bolt to fit the adapter spacing(for your throttle cable)

Later Datsun have alot of emmision crap all over and if your a novice mechanic then dont do it cause it can be a pain to get bolts ect...

meaning youll be getting a ride to work!!!!!!!!!!!!or worse fired and this truck will be cheap for us to get later

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. I got it installed with some slight mod of the old linkage i was able to swap it over to the webber. Runs pretty good just got a slight stumble if i goose it hard prob just a need a little more adjustment. What do you guys think is a good place to set the timing im thinking about 12 degrees advance maybe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...