fastdadd 79 kc 620

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the u bo;t that holds the axle to the spring came loose and let the axle move and pulled the drive shaft out of the trans letting it flop around until it fell out

as for the one piece no i dont regret it but if the carrier bearing had been there the rear u joint would have broke and not the trans

as for the one piece no i dont regret it but if the carrier bearing had been there the rear u joint would have broke and not the trans

Or you would have just shredded the carrier bearing and mount. I think you would have had issues either way.

• 3 weeks later...

got tired of looking at it on jack stands so i put it on the ground then started it up and let it warm up....trans sounds good and no leaks from the fuel system now if that damn drive shaft would hurry up so i can start driving it again

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when i took it out for the short test drive it lost on of the caps on a u-joint. so i picked up another one and put it in today then took it on that short drive. felt good. had to fix a pinched spedo cable. and this trans is really sloppy in third gear but i will get used to it.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

ok few years ago i made a deal with izzo for these wheels i was planing on getting rid of the rubber and putting on some new

tire.jpg

then back just before winter started i had a tire fail

P82A0116_zpseacf813f.jpg

with no money for new rubber i put izzo wheels on the truck

P82A0114_zps41ff67f0.jpg

not happy with them but they get the job done

then after today

IMG_20130526_115735_zpsbec4729a.jpg

i like it better now but still not what i want

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

so i have been having trouble starting the truck in the mornings. I thought it was the starter turns out there is water in #4 cylinder. I took the head off to see what the head gasket looked like

IMG_20150609_1922431_zps4rroqdde.jpg

IMG_20150609_1924041_zps50ypd2a0.jpg

IMG_20150609_1924271_zpsumyesi7y.jpg

IMG_20150609_1927481_zpszeyv8uim.jpg

cant find the problem being as this is a  210 head i will go to canby and see if i can find a head if not i will send this to a shop and find the problem

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...