New to this forum

Our 66 or 67 (not sure) 411. Been in the family for 28 years. Took all our kids to school and the boys used it also when they got there license in high school. Collecting the few parts in need of replacement and parts that may in better shape. It's all original with the original owners manual. Was first purchased in Chico, Ca on July 27th, 1967. Has air conditioning too, but I'm sure this was an aftermarket upgrade. Gets hot in the Sacramento Valley.

I'm tryin'... lol copy - paste - copy paste It shows the pics once inserted but all y'all get is the file. Given me something' to do, besides feel stupid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 66 or 67 (not sure) 411. Been in the family for 28 years. Took all our kids to school and the boys used it also when they got there license in high school. Collecting the few parts in need of replacement and parts that may in better shape. It's all original with the original owners manual. Was first purchased in Chico, Ca on July 27th, 1967. Has air conditioning too, but I'm sure this was an aftermarket upgrade. Gets hot in the Sacramento Valley.

I'm tryin'... lol copy - paste - copy paste It shows the pics once inserted but all y'all get is the file. Given me something' to do, besides feel stupid

Photo bucket here I come. By the way I'm much older than the car

Welcome.

The tail lights make it a post-April 1966 model. I believe the tail reflectors above the tail lights were 1967 only. That and the purchase date would favor that it's a 1967 WPL411.

As you've discovered, that doesn't work.

How to Post Pics

it looks good the body is pretty strait

Yes it is. No rust thru, just surface. Our plan is to clean it up as a daily driver. Then after driving for awhile, we'll decide whether to go all the way. To much good not to see it go down the road again. I do remember the AC froze us out and I hope to be using it before winter comes...

My wife and I are really enjoying this project. So many memories... The last car we did was a '61 chevy but we muscled it up. Drove it for years but didn't need a truck anymore. Don't worry, we have no intention of muscling the 411. lol

Yes it is. No rust thru, just surface. Our plan is to clean it up as a daily driver. Then after driving for awhile, we'll decide whether to go all the way. To much good not to see it go down the road again. I do remember the AC froze us out and I hope to be using it before winter comes...

My wife and I are really enjoying this project. So many memories... The last car we did was a '61 chevy but we muscled it up. Drove it for years but didn't need a truck anymore. Don't worry, we have no intention of muscling the 411. lol

A/C?

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to Ratsun,nice 411,now get busy and please more pictures...... :cool:

Thank you all for the welcomes. Yes 73dat we've gotten busy but no pics till it starts looking different. Did start light body work today after work, interior will go to shop in a couple of weeks.

Most of our time has been spent on mechanical. First things first and so far nothing major. Test drove it 5 or 6 times checking on replacement parts, but still one brake cylinder leaking and the AC has it running a bit warm.

My wife and I are having a great time working and seeing that every little thing we do (that works of course) has a special reward. So far, so good...

Thanks to those who are helping with parts, links, etc.

Bart

Yes, but of course not factory. It was in it when we got it. Neatly mounted under-dash unit centered below the radio. A Borg Warner compressor... works great.

interested in selling it? in the least could u post pics of it so maybe i could look for one of my own?

The tail lights make it a post-April 1966 model. I believe the tail reflectors above the tail lights were 1967 only. That and the purchase date would favor that it's a 1967 WPL411.

The grille tells me it's a '66. I don't see any reflectors over the tails, which supports that theory further.

I'd like to see pics of this alleged air conditioning as well... Welcome aboard, Barb and Bart!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

interested in selling it? in the least could u post pics of it so maybe i could look for one of my own?

Been spending all hours doing body work. I posted some before pics earlier on this thread. Want to at least get it primer coated before posting more... Have acquired almost all parts to upgrade the originals.

Have seen quite a few for sale, but most are a bit pricy. 3,000.00 for not much and 5,000.00 but that takes all the fun out of working on it. I will let you know if I see a good deal.

Been spending all hours doing body work. I posted some before pics earlier on this thread. Want to at least get it primer coated before posting more... Have acquired almost all parts to upgrade the originals.

Have seen quite a few for sale, but most are a bit pricy. 3,000.00 for not much and 5,000.00 but that takes all the fun out of working on it. I will let you know if I see a good deal.

no i meant of just the a/c setup. im interested in if its the same as the 510 units or wat?