Worked on ski hill today

For a change we had to work up on Mt Washington today. The summer is short and one of the old chair lifts has been scrapped and they want a sliding sidewalk (or something) put in. They were just going to 'wing it' but we talked them out of it. The new machinery cannot handle more than 19 degrees of slope. There will be three sections and about 7 meters will have to be removed from the hillside to reduce the slope to a manageable 18 or so degrees. Our job was to survey the slope from top to bottom so the planners in the office can make a design for them. I took my camera.

Started the day with coffee with my wife and girls...

MtWashingtonJuly11002Large.jpg

Looking west towards Strathcona Park from half way up one of the easy lower runs.

MtWashingtonJuly11005Large.jpg

MtWashingtonJuly11006Small.jpg

The van is about half way to the bottom.

This cheeky little bastard didn't want me there so I shot him.

MtWashingtonJuly11009Small.jpg

Small ice caves

MtWashingtonJuly11010Small.jpg

We go back Wednesday with a plan.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the day with coffee with my wife and girls...

MtWashingtonJuly11002Large.jpg

Looking west towards Strathcona Park from half way up one of the easy lower runs.

MtWashingtonJuly11005Large.jpg

MtWashingtonJuly11006Small.jpg

I take it the "girls" are the 710s...?.... :)

Mmmmm...hills.....4L..... :D

Looks gorgeous Mike, sorta like home, with a tad more snow. Up where I could get with a snowcat, and being easily measureable, ,we had a little over 36 feet this year, which os 170% of normal. Nice. I would love to take the truck on a nice sightseeing trip up through BC, maybe meet up with you and swing down to canby! Fun!

• 5 weeks later...

Was up on the ski hill again. The rock and earth that's been removed is going into a low area to fill it in so they needed a survey of the new area first to see if it will fit. Of course it's fully alpine wooded. The great thing is that everywhere it's early spring with wild flowers up there. I love walking around in the bush.... and they pay me! (those idiots) :lol: :lol:

Anyway , mid morning my work partner Steve, who's with the instrument up on the cliff side by the van starts laughing. I'm way down slope thrashing around in the bush and can hear him. He radios down that he just saw a chipmunk running from the van dragging my sammich away! WTF I sez? He goes over and checks and sure enough the little bastard jumped up in the open door and rifled through my back pack and scooped one of my toasted peanut butter and grape sammiches. Left most of the grapes and fucked off with the rest. Left peanut butter critter paw prints on some plans too. (missed my blueberry muffins dick head)

So lunch time comes around and Steve's grinnin' and saying I hope he didn't piss on the rest of your lunch like a dog would and shit like that. We start having lunch and I notice footprints in the dust on the dash and most priceless of all... right on the dash on the passenger side, in front of Steve, is a tiny critter turd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: