auto choke relay

twotoedbandit

I've got a serious buzzing coming from my auto-choke relay and the choke is staying closed. I need to replace the relay, but I'm having trouble finding one online. I just don't want to order the wrong thing. Can someone point me in the right direction? Part no, website etc? Also, the brake light comes on in reverse, and when the car shifts into third. From what I've read the brake light indicator is wired through the choke relay, so I'm guessing its all part of the same problem. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks in advance. -Mike

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I had a problem with my brake light staying on for 10+ years and I ignored it until I made a new friend named Albert, an electrical genius, who helped me trace the problem to my auto choke relay, using my wiring diagram. I took the auto choke relay out of my 77 B210 parts car. I've never had a problem with inapproriate brake light coming on since.

I have a topic on ratsun from, say, two years ago. You should find it and read it. There an auto choke relay on sale on Ebay for $50. http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649 The listing has expired, but it didn't sell. Contact the seller if you like.

Here is my thread from September 2010, I got alot of input from the Datsun Brotherhood. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24563-b210-dashboard-brake-light-indicator-stays-on/page__hl__+auto%20+choke%20+relay?do=findComment&comment=350270