Thinkin a V-6

double j

Wayno, finally started to work on this baby and YES, my engine # does match that plate... Is the engine I have in my truck from another or is the VIN plate swapped?

That engine you have came from my 66 datsun 520, as that is a photo of my VIN plate.

It's been a while since we heard from you, I seen a 320 recently with a VG30 installed in it, so it would likely fit in yours also, but I would suggest you went and looked at that truck before you attacked that conversion.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not ready to do full conversion yet. I tried a new rebuild kit on the carb. The carb works better than before rebuild, but still has issues. She won't idle, just runs away, like it's getting too much air. Gonna get a new aftermarket from China. Anyone interested in a new clone Nikki carb here is a link. I will let you all know how it works out.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Guarantee-2-year-Nissan-Carburetor-express-service-wholesale-and-retail/706439_447169809.html

I just thought of this, since you have my engine, the guy you bought the truck from had some really weird ideas on how a distributor vacuum advance worked, where is the vacuum advance hose from the dist. connected to, the intake manifold or the bottom of the carb?

It's connected out the side of the carb like it should be.

Check the PCV valve if it has one, put your finger over the end of it, does the idle smooth out?

Check for any vacuum leaks in the intake, all the outlets are capped off, as I said, that guy had some weird ideas on how to time an engine.

You say it is connected to the side of the carb, the bottom side the same height as the butterfly valve, correct?

• 4 weeks later...