Rare 1971 Datsun PL521 ~ HSCR

christ510

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking no shower and only a porta potty might not be a good thing for more than a couple weeks at most

That is the only draw back it has no bathroom but there is enough space for me to build one if i wanted to,it does have a fridge,stove/oven,sink,2 beds & a big closet and yes ofcorse a porta potty tada lol.

i believe it has a converter for the electric but i dont know how it works maybe needs replaced but a small generator is in the works already so no need to bother with that stuff,also has in the cab bucket seats that swivel i thought that was a cool idea.

I keep coming back to look at your RV, I used to work restoring Vintage RVs and Travel Trailers. But yours is the first Datsun RV I have seen of this Vintage.

in the living space check for rot and leaks around window areas, behind the cab area, the over cab area and floors.

the siding is not impossible to find if you need to replace any

any measurments of the living space area would be cool

Oh you now need to get it to lay frame if not rocker

Rare vehicle anymore, I helped remove the camper part off a 70 about 6 years ago, it sat in a field to long, lawrence made a 521 diesel out of it. I have been told that the 3rd member is differant in them, but I don't know what the differance is. It should have the dually adapters, with six stock 521 wheels, but your fronts are differant, and I can't tell about the rears. Nice, how long you had it?

The 620 had a camper option around '77-'78 and probably had a bigger rad/heater and a few things. The first dual rear wheel frame was the cab chassis option in '79 and these did have a different diff in them. I don't believe the earlier 521s had any of this and this is simply a 521 with a camper on it.

It could have been ordered with out a box and perris valley could have built this instead of it being a datsun option. My stepfather worked at vanguard when it was in Winfield BC and I remember seeing what I think was an early datsun converted into an RV I think it was a 521, I also saw some Datsun Vanguard 720 RVs that my stepfather had a hand in building ofcourse this was like 30+ years ago. since they could be ordered with out a box this could be a possibility with this 521 RV

It could have been ordered with out a box and perris valley could have built this instead of it being a datsun option. My stepfather worked at vanguard when it was in Winfield BC and I remember seeing what I think was an early datsun converted into an RV I think it was a 521, I also saw some Datsun Vanguard 720 RVs that my stepfather had a hand in building ofcourse this was like 30+ years ago. since they could be ordered with out a box this could be a possibility with this 521 RV

In Winfield you say....looked at this one a few years back in Pritchard, B.C.

Not sure if it was a Vanguard....

Needed a little work....but...was in pretty good shape

Should of bought it.... :(

P5100017.jpg

Edit

Actually it was owned by my 'step father' who sold to the new owner...in Pritchard.

He got stuck.....and a tow truck driver 'lost control' of it pulling it out of the weeds.

The drivers side is peeled off.

Nice truck! Bet you don't get anywhere real fast tho, eh? 0-60 in.... what month is this? :lol: JK

Curious as to what it's got for power -n- gears...?

You WILL be @ Canby next year~ yes? I gotta see this up close!

In Winfield you say....looked at this one a few years back in Pritchard, B.C.

Not sure if it was a Vanguard....

Needed a little work....but...was in pretty good shape

Should of bought it.... :(

P5100017.jpg

Edit

Actually it was owned by my 'step father' who sold to the new owner...in Pritchard.

He got stuck.....and a tow truck driver 'lost control' of it pulling it out of the weeds.

The drivers side is peeled off.

thats a Dolphin RV

Nice truck! Bet you don't get anywhere real fast tho, eh? 0-60 in.... what month is this? :lol: JK

Curious as to what it's got for power -n- gears...?

You WILL be @ Canby next year~ yes? I gotta see this up close!

Thanks.

This has the factory 1.6L and i have done 60mph on the freeway in sacramento.

a lil scary with drum breaks i gotta admit that,I PLAN MY STOPS with a few pumps of the breaks so if you see me watch out dead weight coming through!

Mannnn you should see the looks on peoples faces at the stop lights, its like as if they are saying am i believing what im seeing f-n amazing.

i swear im gonna catch a few looks on camera soon just for kicks.

at one point i want to put something like a 2.4L Nap z motor carburated and automatic tranny and disc breaks ofcorse.

Canby it sounds like fun that would be great for sure,i miss all my old buddies from 510Again in oakland.

Welcome to ratsun my friend. Your 521 rv is really nice. please post cab interior and engine bay pics. Let us know if you need anything.

Thank you, I just posted interior cab and engine bay pictures,The bucket seats are pretty cool they swivel outwards for easy in and out..