Need to replace my floor pans

Siqx20

Is there anyone in southern oregon that has done it and would like to do mine? lol They are completly shot. Or maybe a write up somewhere so i can try my hand at it myself?? I kno it is pretty bad and most of the floor pan is gone. only thing keeping my feet off the asphalt is carpet lol

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well its not a big deal at the moment. like i said my carpet keeps my feet up at the moment. im just creating a plan of attack. I wanna redo all the interior when im in there so it will all be happening in the fall probably.

Putting up a few oics of the affected area would be nice. Ill tell you that 19 years ago, my dads 79 pickup had some bad rot on the heel area, we used the "extend" rust converter product that turned all the cancer rust black, cleaned it all up good top and bottom, and used some industrial kitty hair.....its like fiberglass boat repair compound, has many strands of cut up fiberglass and resin all in a can.....use hardener to activate it. Anyhow we put a piece of thick abs plastic sheet ;hell cardboard would work too, and we smeared it all over the rust and this stuff is strong as hell. Had a nice new area in the truck. Then we used a spray undercoat top and bottom to seal it out. Still holding up just fine, and the truck has been sitting out under a tree with no glass in it for several years as parts and its still ok. But I bet if you did this, and used the bedliner on your floor like I did in my build thread, you could fix it up nice with no welding involved.....but depends on the sizes of your holes.