my 76 build

bustedknuckles

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i did the chop i did it like a sleeve so i could keep the back window at full size and i didnt take it down to much because im 6'1 but i took out about 4 inches im getting ready to get her on the road for the first time in almost a year its got a freshly rebuilt head weber 32/36 hand ported and polished intake new slave and master for the clutch i built a whole new wiring harness for it from tail lights to head lights used all the old connections but cleaned all the points on them also has new starter alternator water pump and radiator its a low compression motor l16 block with the l20b head so i can turbo it later biggrin.gif i think ive done alright on her for my first build and being 22 years old. i think im going to opt out of putting a radio in her i mean who needs to hear music when u can hear the sweet sound of an l series haha... also the truck was completely rust free from the start the whole interior was bed lined before carpet went in

well i had to search for ever to find a new windshield and then once i found a new one i had to find someone that had enough balls to cut it because its curved glass. the guy that cut it is a guy named mark at this place called breaker glass out of central point oregon i made a template out of plexi glass and he used my template for the cut it was $150 for the new windshield and $439 to have it cut and installed this was the most expensive part of the whole build but so worth it... no offense to anyone who has done the lexan windshield but they look like shit haha well worth it to spend the money on real glass. i pulled the posts back a little bit when i did it to "lay it back"