L320 rubber

Cliff D

Hello I am in the process of restoring my l320 and need to get some new rubber for the front end. I was wondering if the rubber for the Sway bar and torsion bars are compatible with any other models? Not much available for 320 suspension. Also wondering about the rubber for the air intake on the heater and the rubber for the steering column where it goes through the firewall. Thank you.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I am in the process of restoring my l320 and need to get some new rubber for the front end. I was wondering if the rubber for the Sway bar and torsion bars are compatible with any other models? Not much available for 320 suspension. Also wondering about the rubber for the air intake on the heater and the rubber for the steering column where it goes through the firewall. Thank you.

I suspect that the sway bar rubber from the 520-21 will work, as for the column rubber, do you have a column shift 4 speed? I am at a loss on the torsion bar rubber, didn't know the torsion bar itself had rubber, there is a bushing that the lower arm of the front suspension connects to, is that what your tallking about? Welcome to Ratsun, we do like photos here, don't let them scare you away, there very insistant about pictures. :lol: :lol: They will even threaten you, saying they will ban you if you don't post photos, don't worry, 99.9 percent of us couldn't ban ya even if we wanted to :unsure: :D :lol:

Dear Wayno,

This is a mid 1965 with the floor shifter not the column shifter. I guess what I am calling the torsion bars are the two bars that go from the front of the truck to the bottom of the a-arms. Do you no a source for the suspension rubber. Thank you for your assistancehttp://.

Dear Wayno,

This is a mid 1965 with the floor shifter not the column shifter. I guess what I am calling the torsion bars are the two bars that go from the front of the truck to the bottom of the a-arms. Do you no a source for the suspension rubber. Thank you for your assistancehttp://.

Them are struts I beleave, last time I bought them, they were at the auto parts store. That was a while ago though, and they were not for a L320. The 520-21 look the same though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Nissan still sell the 520 tension rod bushing -- it is the same as the 1981 Datsun 510 bushing. Part Number 56112-W5000.

I need to confirm with this.  Are you really using the 520 rod bushing on your 320? I looked at the picture of the bushing in rockauto, it doesn't look like the 320 bushing.  I need to get some bushing for my 320 shortly.  I really need to find out quick.

I was able to get all of the rubber suspension pieces. 

NissanPartZone:

56112-09400 BUSHING-SHOCK
Replaced by: 56112-W5000 (these are used in several places other than the shocks)

54519-08700 BUSHING-LINK  (need 4)

48522-04300 COVER-DUST
Replaced by: 48522-16501 (need 6)

54541-04100 SEAL-DUST (Need 4)

WWW.AUTOANDTRUCKSPRINGS.COM

Rubber Bushing with Steel Inner Sleeve -
1.75X3X.708 (need 2)

You'll need to measure but I believe these are the two I "machined" to fit for the torsion bar bushings.  There is a thread here where I described how I did it with nothing more than an angle grinder and a file.

The bushings for the leaf springs can also be purchased here but you'll have to talk to Bob and have your measurements.  Lengths, ID's and OD's.

see this thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/45412-leaf-spring-bushings/?hl=%2Bleaf+%2Bspring+%2Bbushing

I was able to get all of the rubber suspension pieces. 

NissanPartZone:

56112-09400 BUSHING-SHOCK

Replaced by: 56112-W5000 (these are used in several places other than the shocks)

54519-08700 BUSHING-LINK  (need 4)

48522-04300 COVER-DUST

Replaced by: 48522-16501 (need 6)

54541-04100 SEAL-DUST (Need 4)

dp320, I am only doing the strut rod for now.  I wish this web site showed the actual parts.  Am I using 54519-08700 BUSHING-LINK for the rubber bushing?  I would think I need 8 bushings for both side (L&R).  What is the "Cover-dust and seal dust used for?

Is part 54700-04300 the rod you're referring to?

o5zp.jpg

The official name for it is "rod-tension".  The bushings it uses are 56112-09400.  These are identical to common shock absorber bushings, and so are the washers.  You can probably get them from a local auto parts store.  I ended up with about a dozen extras if you can't find them.

Is part 54700-04300 the rod you're referring to?

o5zp.jpg

The official name for it is "rod-tension".  The bushings it uses are 56112-09400.  These are identical to common shock absorber bushings, and so are the washers.  You can probably get them from a local auto parts store.  I ended up with about a dozen extras if you can't find them.

yes, 54700-04300 is what I am referring to. I didn't realize the part numbers you posted are the actual Nissan part number. I have the 320 part catalog also, now I know what to order.  Thanks for the source dp320!

BTW, do you have the actual "rod-tension" installed picture?  I took mine apart couple years ago, now I don't remember how the rod should be installed; whether the bushing or washer make contact to the control arm bracket?

BTW, do you have the actual "rod-tension" installed picture?  I took mine apart couple years ago, now I don't remember how the rod should be installed; whether the bushing or washer make contact to the control arm bracket?

No photo handy sorry.  The purpose of the washers is to provide a surface for the bushings to press against where there would otherwise just be a nut or lock washer.  The exploded view above is sort of odd because it shows just one washer near the bracket on both ends.  I can't offhand think of a necessity for there to be a washer against the bracket on either side (both ends).  I think I had to grind one bushing on each side a bit thinner to fit in the "sandwich" of stuff and allow the rod to fit.

• 1 year later...

Because Nissanpartzone doesn't ship outside of America, Through Nissan genuine spare parts in Australia i was able to get

56112W500 (changed to 56112V0100) - $3.00 each (8 of)

54541-04100 $2.30 each (4 of)

545519-08700 were available ex Melbourne (i live in Adelaide) $26.20 each (4 of)

48522-16501 were available ex Japan $27.00 each (6 of)

didn't order the last two as they are pretty expensive so i am going to try and source something non-genuine if i can.

Has anyone replaced the Cross Shaft Boot (34396-07200) & Spherical Bush (34462-30000) and has part numbers? mine are completely cactus and aren't available through Nissan

108ietz.jpg

Thanks