New guy to the forum - yes I have pics

Flea

So after reading the forum for awhile, I see that everyone gets a stiffy everytime someone news posts pics of their ride.

Well.. I live in the lovely part of Ontario, Canada where they put down imported car eating materials during the winter. AKA SALT.. so to find a vehicle pre 1986 that is still one piece is a miracle... well, here is what I am looking at for a fun little project:

1975 Datsun 620

med_gallery_9746_943_61109.jpeg

med_gallery_9746_943_38932.jpeg

med_gallery_9746_943_34414.jpeg

1975 Datsun 620 project, all it needs is a carb to get it runnng, last summer the engine was rebuilt from the ground up, new bearings, piston rings, etc. and the transmission is in good shape.

Its in a perfectly good rough shape to be ratted out.. flat black etc...

I just need to learn more about this engine or other viable options.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, nice truck, now I think I can help, first youl have ti crawl under your pickup and find the two round rods that run from the front suspintion to behind the tranny , loosen them up at the rear mounting point, get a webber, done, your welcome.

Just doing a shop around for this Weber carb and not having the best of luck in my area. I know the 4x4 Suzuki boys are always using these carbs, but no one on their forums are selling one. I will continue looking, I wonder if the wreckers have them... time to go shopping.

looks like your build is short lived. . saw your truck posted on kijiji, guess I may not have another local 620 truck build :( lol

good luck with your sale!

My link

Nope... thats the truck... havent picked it up yet, as I am seeing what kind of mayhem its going to be to get the engine running first. I am going out there this weekend to see what shape the frame is in whatnot.

If someone here takes it before me, then cool, enjoy the build! I know its in good hands!

dude im just gonna be strait with you, i love the l motors, not gonna lie, but you might be happier doing a swap, like a ca, ka, sr, or whatever. the ka swaps are very nice, real stout motors, deff enough to get those back wheels loose, but still pretty good on gas. but its up to you man. your truck and i see the potential in her. goodluck with the build man and welcome to the forum! :lol:

cant wait for updates!

My link

Nope... thats the truck... havent picked it up yet, as I am seeing what kind of mayhem its going to be to get the engine running first. I am going out there this weekend to see what shape the frame is in whatnot.

If someone here takes it before me, then cool, enjoy the build! I know its in good hands!

sorry bud, I need to learn to read! lol

well I'm still hoping you get it, a KA swap would be nice! lots of them around and not expensive. is there no chance in rebuilding the stk carb to get the truck rolling and worry about it after you get everything else sorted out?

• 2 weeks later...

Having a fun time trying to source out a carb. Any idea of what I can do about calling up the salvage yards and asking for a "carb" from "such and such a vehicle"? New kids cant work this stuff out as it is all computerized and they cant think out of the box!

Having a fun time trying to source out a carb. Any idea of what I can do about calling up the salvage yards and asking for a "carb" from "such and such a vehicle"? New kids cant work this stuff out as it is all computerized and they cant think out of the box!

i got an extra carb in the garage if you need one? let me know .....i know shipping might be a bit but let me know

There is no original one to rebuild, I suspect is it was a Weber 32/36 that got removed and put on another vehicle. I found a California guy on Ebay selling a L20B DGEC Electric choke EMPI carb and the shipping is going to be $45. I found another guy who is selling off parts from his 1971 240Z and he has stock carb SU on it.. not sure if that would work. JCR, is your carb still in working order?

ah. . I was going by the pics, and they show one. sorry.

could try something I have always wanted to do, get a set of hyabusa ITB's (kijiji T.O. had a set for $300ish) and fab them up, seen a few done that way on other forums. Doesn't seem terribly hard. If I don't swap engine this winter that maybe something I look into

Just doing a shop around for this Weber carb and not having the best of luck in my area. I know the 4x4 Suzuki boys are always using these carbs, but no one on their forums are selling one. I will continue looking, I wonder if the wreckers have them... time to go shopping.

Hey buddy check on Ebay they have everything you need for the Datsun 620 truck , that is how I got all my parts for my truck :cool:

Hey bro if your still looking for a carburator , I have 1 for sale in good conditions check it out and let me know if I can help you

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/33493-for-sale-datsun-620-l18-used-hitachi-carburetor-combo/page__p__509358__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=509358