DATSUN 510 MEXICO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill get you guys some bigger pics and some of the interior my bad havent been on in a while,

i did not get seized by the border patrol, or customs...the dude was all about the car he actually looked under the hood and was talking to me about my car he didnt even check the spare tire! good thing too it was a little heavier than normalbiggrin.gif

X5 and the interior trim too please! I upholstered back in NZ, so Id like to see what they can do for that little coin...

Or border patrol seized it... :blink:

i actually havent taken pics of the interior i will tomorrow been too busy now under the hood and running down trim pieces front and rear weather striping etc

first of all, if it was a paint job done on a budget they probably werent generous with the clear coat. if they used single stage paint you cant wet sand and polish a paint with that much metallic without lots of experience. you also have to stage 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500 and follow with 2-3 cuts with the the polishing wheel. if you havent done this before and dont want to deal with break throughs with the sand paper or polisher dont do it. even guys that say they can do it are capable of making a mess. there are other factors that can become an issue with doing this procedure due to heat from the wheel. it can end up revealing bad body work that you may not want to know about, it can create material sinkage too. tyson

i tried a little piece under the rear bumper and it feels very smooth didnt hit it with a buffing wheel. I decided that i will pay someone to do it. it brought back frustration from when i tried to do the body work!!

first of all, if it was a paint job done on a budget they probably werent generous with the clear coat. if they used single stage paint you cant wet sand and polish a paint with that much metallic without lots of experience. you also have to stage 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500 and follow with 2-3 cuts with the the polishing wheel. if you havent done this before and dont want to deal with break throughs with the sand paper or polisher dont do it. even guys that say they can do it are capable of making a mess. there are other factors that can become an issue with doing this procedure due to heat from the wheel. it can end up revealing bad body work that you may not want to know about, it can create material sinkage too. tyson

i tried a little piece under the rear bumper and it feels very smooth didnt hit it with a buffing wheel. I decided that i will pay someone to do it. it brought back frustration from when i tried to do the body work!!

man thats way close in color. any plans for that thing

for now just l20b. it's already in just have to buff the paint and then i can drive it. future plans are turbo with EFI maybe. i might just do KA/SR/CA. why retrofit an old engine when the technology is already in another engine

id never send my ride unattended into mexico. and also, why not support our countries economy? :huh:

there aint shit made in america anymore, but shit i'd still rather pay an american shop to do my work

yep including the cars that is getting sent to mexico to get fixed by an american

[My Ka should be done tomorrow cant wait to drive it! And yes I paid an american shop to do this! I wouldnt let mexico touch the motor etc...

quote name=DAT510' date='23 September 2011 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1316845639' post='552081]

for now just l20b. it's already in just have to buff the paint and then i can drive it. future plans are turbo with EFI maybe. i might just do KA/SR/CA. why retrofit an old engine when the technology is already in another engine