DATSUN 510 MEXICO

You get what you pay for... Shitty work. Shit materials. And you think it will take 20 hours to do all that you're asking . Haha. Well you're getting it done. You'll have the last laugh. Post up detailed pictures of the finished product. 200 hrs in my engine bay. God knows how many on the shell. I wouldn't do it for less than 60 an hr. Too much work. It's going to wave at us. Hello...goodbye

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 b indeed, good eye guy did the install up in La rotary shack DO NOT go there, im telling you guy was a nightmare to say the least we almost broke in and stole the car back he wouldnt answer his phone or let us see the car for a year!

13B?

Turbo side draft weber carb, push through style msd coils and intercooler not sure the turbo trim size and junk but its my friends dime runs strong its only at like 6 lbs of boost right now cause we need to get the brakes upgraded! And also it never goes above 190 degrees which is great for a rotary

hey that looks like a rotary in the datsun. What's it running?

I hear you, MY car runs around 200 degrees and about 160 on the oil. I have a porsche 911 custom oil cooler and downdraft 48IDA webers with a street por-turned bridge and 100 shot nitrous for the drags and wilwood brakes...yes, you need good brakes, especially if you are boosting. wilwood is the way to go. :cool:

That's funny people think it takes 20 hours to paint a car. I couldn't do the jambs in 20 hours. Do it right anyway. Not to mention materials the average material cost on most the cars I have painted is $1200. That might be why paint jobs here are so expensive. I see 510s at Datsun shows I painted 10-13 years ago, and they still look great. Generally takes 100 + hours to create a great paint job.

However that being said, this could be a great thing for flipping cars. When I sold my White Knight I didn't get a penny back on the paint job.

If Datsuns looked nicer we would see less abandoned projects.

Not too difficult you gotta have all the documentation in your name for the car your driving and the trailer and the datsun or whatever car your towing)

i drove it down on my father in laws flatbed and we got there and I didnt have the paperwork for the trailer, and they turned me around! wouldnt let me go in so... i went and rented a uhaul car dolly and they dont care about those cause the little receipt says my name, dont ask me why but dont say your taking the trailer to mexi cause your not supposed to, even though there are tons of uhaul products everywhere down there

How difficult was it to take a non running US car across the border and how hard will it be to bring it back ?

And on the way back i gotta hide the cocain and heroin in the spare tire so that will be a little gnarly last time i made it though, we will see

How difficult was it to take a non running US car across the border and how hard will it be to bring it back ?

they totally knew i was green thats why that dude came with me, hes done 12 cars at the same place, theres no way i woulda went by myself he speaks fluent spanish and actually the guys working down there spoke better english then some people i know! citizens so that was nice and they never did the switch languages on me so they could"talk" kinda thing which i appreciated

I copied a paint scheme from troy ermish he has a blue and black car on his site. im going same style black and orange

who gets paid hourly in mexico?? nobody and who cares how much profit they made!! if u woulda got it done in the states uda paid at least 1500 for a ok job...so do the math let my beaners make whateva they want i mean they workin for it.. most of the products they use here in the states are brought from mexico neway mainly they get it from my uncle...

• Like 1

And on the way back i gotta hide the cocain and heroin in the spare tire so that will be a little gnarly last time i made it though, we will see

:blink:

I just spit out a mouthfull of Lucky Charms reading this post.. lol

Hope there aren't any Datsun guys who work border patrol who might come across this thread :lol: GL

• 2 weeks later...

th_IMAG0538-1.jpg?t=1313480159th_IMAG0537.jpgth_IMAG0540-1.jpg?t=1313480130th_IMAG0539-1.jpg?t=1313480068th_IMAG0534-1.jpg?t=1313480051th_IMAG0535-1.jpg?t=1313480027

Here are the updated pictures!!

Went down today and checked on it. I originally wanted to paint it black and orange two tone paint scheme but I went down there 2 weeks ago and almost killed them! They had painted the car black like i had told them, and it looked horrible I could see sanding marks and was so pissed. I told the owner it looked like shit, literally. i made him angry ha. But we sorted it out and I figured I didnt want to push my luck and see if the could do black on my car so... I had them change it to a nice semi metallic SIlver Id say it turned out pretty good the interior is going to be the last thing, will be done next week. At least thats what they promised me! Pretty pumped thought Id update this post

Pretty soon Ill be ready for some sd orange county meets!!!

That's funny people think it takes 20 hours to paint a car. I couldn't do the jambs in 20 hours. Do it right anyway. Not to mention materials the average material cost on most the cars I have painted is $1200. That might be why paint jobs here are so expensive. I see 510s at Datsun shows I painted 10-13 years ago, and they still look great. Generally takes 100 + hours to create a great paint job.

However that being said, this could be a great thing for flipping cars. When I sold my White Knight I didn't get a penny back on the paint job.

Agree! my rotary took longer or as long! That's from an amateur in paint like yours truly, I kow you would have done a 10X better job. But at least i can tell people when they say its a nice ride, "yeah, I rattle canned it", LOL.

th_IMAG0538-1.jpg?t=1313480159th_IMAG0537.jpgth_IMAG0540-1.jpg?t=1313480130th_IMAG0539-1.jpg?t=1313480068th_IMAG0534-1.jpg?t=1313480051th_IMAG0535-1.jpg?t=1313480027

Went down today and checked on it. I originally wanted to paint it black and orange two tone paint scheme but I went down there 2 weeks ago and almost killed them! They had painted the car black like i had told them, and it looked horrible I could see sanding marks and was so pissed. I told the owner it looked like shit, literally. i made him angry ha. But we sorted it out and I figured I didnt want to push my luck and see if the could do black on my car so... I had them change it to a nice semi metallic SIlver Id say it turned out pretty good the interior is going to be the last thing, will be done next week. At least thats what they promised me! Pretty pumped thought Id update this post

Looking sharp!

picked up the car today interior and everything looks great id say on a scale of 1 -10 10 being show real nice, solid 6-7 Ill put it this way it looks a hell of a lot better than it did when i took it there (compare pix) and the interior is clean and simple ill post pictures

who gets paid hourly in mexico?? nobody and who cares how much profit they made!!

Wrong. Lots of people in Mexico get paid hourly and anybody who cares about how much they're spending cares how much profit is being made. To not think so is naive. The only reason not to care is if you don't mind throwing away money. If that's the case why not have it done in the states. I employ 2 people full time in Mexico. I know what workers make. Minimum wage is $66 a week. The guys doing the labor on the car get $100 a week. Bottom line, if I can be quoted $300 dollars less then there's $300 pad in the estimate.

Or beaverton oregon :rofl:

:lol::fu: - sad but i agree - and i live there :blink:

Why wouldn't u want to save money and take ur car down to Mexico! Work is gonna be awesome!! Plus if u get the work done in the US, Mexicans are still gonna do the work but for a lot more dough!!

Mexicans may still do it but the training skills tools and knowledge and 9 times out of 10 subpar compared to someone who really knows their shit. -

You get what you pay for... Shitty work. Shit materials. And you think it will take 20 hours to do all that you're asking . Haha. Well you're getting it done. You'll have the last laugh. Post up detailed pictures of the finished product. 200 hrs in my engine bay. God knows how many on the shell. I wouldn't do it for less than 60 an hr. Too much work. It's going to wave at us. Hello...goodbye

^^ coming from someone who has spent some time recently doing it right

u do get what you pay for and if you don't want/cant afford a show quality job thats fine - i would NEVER spend the kind of money on my truck as whats going into the dime that the keeper will be doing (thanx again James)

id love to see it in person cus i would spend this kinda money on my truck one day - looks good in the pics you posted- bigger pics would be nice too

• 2 weeks later...