Video of my problem.

Uncle Laulau

Save your oics my friends. This thread is for 521 videos only. Video your problem and post it here. Then my Ratsunators study these vids closely to diagnose or help in any way the problems you observed.

If there is a thread like this all ready...ooops. Oh and since we have oics for pics, how about voics for vids? Dumb? Yeppers. I'm a dork.

So here are my voics (vids). yikes!

th_MVI_9857.jpg

th_MVI_9858.jpg

th_MVI_9859.jpg

Please fix the little guy, he wants to go fishing again :(:(

A. Weber problemo.

B. Timing issues.

C. I dun broke it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this a new weber or something youve had?

like everyone else said, but also check your accelerator pump to see if the diaphram has a hole in it.

the way it revs when you slowly crack it open makes it seem like the accelerator pump isnt working to enrichen the mixture right off idle... take the air filter off and pump the gas with the engine off. if you dont see a stream of fuel shooting into the primary, then id get a new accelerator pump..

other than that, once you get past the idle circuit, it seems to run fine...

Have you set the timing or checked it just to see? Do you have a timing light? Also did this just start one day? Sounds like it..:huh:

Did you do what Farmer Joe and skib said? Is this carb a manual choke or electric?

well now that i looked at your other thread, i have to ask...

did you take the accelerator pump out of the carb when you dipped it?

im not sure if they make em out of the leathery stuff they used to... might be rubber, and could have gotten eaten away...

take the accelerator pump out and check that mofo! i bet thats the problem right there...

so the choke blades are closed?

the choke blade have to be open for it to run right.

the choke is just to make it run rich when its a colder environment.

if its an electric choke, loosen the 3 screws holding the white plastic deal, and rotate it one way or the other to make the choke open up by itself..

If nut holding the throttle linkage is too tight it could cause a bog off idle.

also I had a the accell pump lever stuck IN and would not release. Thus making the accel pump look bad. Got it unstuck and wd40 that area.

Just open the aircleaner and look to see if you get a steady stream when you cycle the linkage from the accell pump.

also time it.

Accelerator pump most likely. Check for strong squirt of gas when working the throttle.

If this was rebuilt, and if the Weber is like the Hitachi there are two spring loaded ball bearings that act like one way valves. If either were missing (or stuck) the pump would be inoperative.

So first I checked for any leaks in the carb all looked tight and nicely sealed. Then checked the new diaphragm in the accelerator pump and it looks fine. Moves freely. Put it back together. Ran it and checked for accelerator linkage binding and it was free and moving correctly. Looked down into the carb as I increased the throttle and did not see any gas flowing from the copper jet in the wall of the right barrel if you are looking toward the fire wall. It's the only jet that sticks out of the wall of the barrels. I think it's blocked. Should I be seeing gas spray from that jet? If so how should I go about unclogging it? Thanks.

yeah, right in the middle of the 2 barrels should be that little squirter...

on some webers both squirt, but some only the primary side will squirt...

if it aint squirting fuel to the priamry when you give it gas, then take that squirter deal off and clean it...

simply dipping a carb is not rebuilding it. take a couple cans of carb spray with the little straws and douche that fucker out...

I just took off the big copper nut that is at the front of the carb under the fuel line. It had grit all in it, and I didn't see a filter inside the hole. Is there supposed to be on in there? I'm not sure how to remove the little squirt-er either. Oh I cleaned out the grit with carb cleaner and put the bolt back.

the little y deal between the 2 barrels is the squirter...

its held in by a hollow flathead head bolt... its like a bonjo fitting in a way...

it show it in this pic

3236dgv+jetting+001.jpg

yes, there should be some sort of sediment filter in that cavity on the front too...

Took off the primary jet and it had sum gunk, cleaned it put it back. Nice chart I'm saving it for sure. Gotta drive down the block to help out my old lady at work. Let every one know how it goes.

I would definently get the filter that goes into the carb, and i would also get a fresh fuel filter inline before the carb. You may have done one recently, but do another one. That dirt got into the carb somehow. Maybe even put two filters inline?

The sound of the rough running in the video sounds like the motor is going lean and misfiring, and a clogged primary main jet will do that.

I you got very much gunk from the brass nut and a clogged jet, you might just want to take the whole thing apart again and clean all of it out when you do the new filter(s). Then you know for sure that everything was clean at that time for future reference.

Good luck

Drove about five miles around town and.......wait for it.......still sucks! Arrrgggggg. Do I really need to take the whole thing apart again? Oh I didn't mention the throttle is sticking from time to time. Maybe the linkage isn't as free as I thought. I'm going to eat a huge lunch, gain twenty pounds and try again. Mike keep the positive vibe flowing, love it mandingo.

After you took the carb apart are you sure your float is set correct?

To low of float level can starve the fuel circuit and to high can cause problems also like flooding...others correct me if I'm wrong.:ph34r:

Sometimes a good meal will help the brain...:baby:

Looked at the LA Galaxy Sounders game on espn3. Boring. Had some lunch, should I go back out there? Oh and setting the float...don't know exactly what that en-tales. I put every thing back the way I found it, I think. I'm gonna check the linkage again, and set the idle speed and mixture again, per directions, they say 90% of all the problems are related to idle speed and mixture problems.

Garshhhnap!