Help putting in gauge cluster...

josh817

Hey guys I'm relatively new here. I'm putting my 521 back together and I'm needing some help figuring out how the gauge cluster goes back into the dash... It looks like there are suppose to be more screws to support the cluster but from what I'm seeing and reading it's only two screws at the bottom...?

This is what I have:

2m3o7cp.jpg

This is how I assume the brackets mount:

2vws28z.jpg

Whats getting me is that there is that slotted hole at the top of each bracket and I don't remember having any hardware that's suppose to mount to that...

Any help, pictures, suggestions would be great.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bracket you are holding in your hand is supposed to be mounted on the gauge cluster, it is hard to see, but the bracket is mounted on this cluster, then the upper and lower holes mount to the dash, the upper holes are a nut and bolt, the lower is a screw with a clip. You cannot see the upper hole in the bracket in this photo, but it is there

DSC01169.jpg

You can see the upper slot in the photo below, and the lower mount hole also. I copyed these photos off charlie69s thread

DSC01168.jpg

Ah ok! Thank you. I was mounting the bracket on the backside of the cluster so everything lined up but it made the cluster sit too far forward. It looks like those brackets mount on the front side.

I see you have stuff jumpered on yours. I skimmed over some threads talking about that but haven't dealt with it yet. Hopefully everything works when I get it all hooked up.

I hate it when I take things apart and can't get it back together. :P

Ah ok! Thank you. I was mounting the bracket on the backside of the cluster so everything lined up but it made the cluster sit too far forward. It looks like those brackets mount on the front side.

I see you have stuff jumpered on yours. I skimmed over some threads talking about that but haven't dealt with it yet. Hopefully everything works when I get it all hooked up.

I hate it when I take things apart and can't get it back together. :P

The reason there are jumpers on it is because charlie69 intagrated/blended it into a 720 wiring harness, you need no modifacations for a stock application.