Take a look at my 510 race car project

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No videos yet.I did just one test day before they closed Midwest tracks for winter.I post some videos in few months:)

Windshield and quarter windows are lexan rear is stock glass for now.Front was custom made by stock car shop and sides I made myself.Front was expensive As I remember I paid $350 for it.We made 5 of them it was minimum order to make them.You can email Steve Bonk he arranged whole deal.datsunracing75 at aol.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I have pedal box modified by Design Products,not the easiest one to install but I like it a lot.Pedal is very firm with 280zx front calipers,short travel and balance bar helps to dial front to back bias.I am using Porterfield front pads and even without brake ducts at nearly 100 degred F few weeks ago at the track I had plenty of brakes.Zero overheating problems.

• Like 1

Yes I have pedal box modified by Design Products,not the easiest one to install but I like it a lot.Pedal is very firm with 280zx front calipers,short travel and balance bar helps to dial front to back bias.I am using Porterfield front pads and even without brake ducts at nearly 100 degred F few weeks ago at the track I had plenty of brakes.Zero overheating problems.

That's great. My impression is that the DP pedal box is bolt in except for the hole in the firewall?

• 1 year later...

It depends on quality,I know few old race cars with Trans-Am history that changed hands for around 70K:)

I restored one for customer this year that sold for pretty big amount.Do not uderestimate those cars!Good ones are not cheap anymore:)

Here is link to my facebook with pictures of the car that I just completed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.620855317925338.1073741826.428415997169272&type=3

Bart's car is KILLER!  Check out the build thread!  It is a TURN-KEY race car ready to go...........buy it & race it!!  Bart, hate to see it go, but good luck with the sale!