Take a look at my 510 race car project

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice work on your 510. it's definately inspiring me to get my roadrace dime back under way. i've got a similar rollcage with 280 brakes and koni coilovers on all 4 corners with bubble flares and 13x7 libras. i picked up a 4 port turbo 13b rotary and need to make that fit. just takes time...

Great work and impressive project! I love what you are doing, you make the 510 and its history proud. Seeing how much work and time you have in the car reminds me of the effort I put into my 1st 510. I started with a roll cage, suspension upgrades and saw how much more I'd need to do just to be competitive in auto X, nothing I ever did can compare to your efforts in your road race project. I gave up and bought a kart, kept the 510 for the street. Keep up the great work, I'm so very impressed.

Bart,

The car looks great! I love the wrinkle finish dashboard.

Rumor has it the #46 BRE car will be at the Road America Vintage race in September. Will you be there with your car? The US Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen (SVRA sanction) is the same weekend and Datsun/Nissan is the featured marque for that event. I will be at the Glen with my '71 Datsun 1200 for that event.

Thanks guys!

Dave,I am trying to get the car ready for fall race in Road America.It is my home track only 130 miles away from where I live.As far as driving,I think I am OK.I drove Porsche 911 for few years but cost of repairs is beyond my budget.So Steve and Chris Bonk talked me into Datsun.I did my racing licence in Chrises car (510 also)and I am hooked.Funny part is I am working on this project for about 2 years,spend countless hours and bunch of money on it,and drove 510 first time in my life just few months ago doing some testing at Autobahn in Chrises car....

I still love Porsches and work on them daily in my own shop.I am doing a lot of racing as a shop owner and chief mechanic in SCCA,PCA and little bit GrandAM.

I anybody has some free time here is link to few lines that I posted from 24 hours of Daytona and 25 hours of Thunderhill we did in 2009.Enjoy!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/453838-my-rolex-24-hours-daytona-experience.html

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/522480-25-hours-thunderhill-gt3-cup.html

I will take some more photos of weigh jackers tommorow.We had busy weekend at Road America with SCCA race.

My motor is hi compression 1.6 with stock polished rods fully balanced,alu flywheel,hi lift Shneider camshaft,280zx turbo oil pump,camshaft spray bar for extra cam lubrication,cannon intake with dual Solex 44mm carbs,electronic ignition conversion and closed chamber ported and polished cyl head,Nissan comp oil pan,full ARP hardware.We are estimating power for around 140-145HP at the crank.It will be hi reving engine with not much poer in low and mid range.I will post some pictures from dyno run soon.I planing to make my first track day in end of August.All I can say I am keeping my fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...