A new addition to the family

I actually put my engine in by hand. Carried the short block around from the back of the house to the car-port, rested it on the core support for a second then tipped it in flywheel first. Climbed in there and straightened it up and slid it into the trans.. Haha. And I only weigh a buck fifty.

hmm. maybe i have something to try next time i'm bored. lol. its not hard to unhook the rest of the stuff on the motor. i've carried around a 2.0 ford pinto short block before. but with the head and flywheel on it, the 2.3's weigh like 450. not much difference between the two as far as weight.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always quote the post so they can't later hide what they said. :cool:

hmm. i'll have to keep that in mind. only a mod can delete my posts lol. and it wasn't a delete worthy reply, it just made me look like a fool when he changed it.

I hade no problem paluting dats thread, then I noticed he has young daughters and I should tell that story some where else.

Someday....

And yes, she was kinda ugly, in that I wish I hadnt got to know her kinda way.

ah, ok. lol. i see you must have read all the replies to postits and learned something. lol

Houston, we have a problem. So when Dave and I first started the engine up it didn't smoke at all. The very next day it blew white smoke and I stood there trying to convince myself it was just condensation.

th_SANY5238.jpg

Well it's not. yesterday it didn't smoke. wanna guess why? There was no water in the radiator. So I tried a little trick. I started the cold engine and as I poured water into the radiator the smoke started coming out the back. Fuck!! On the upside it runs smooth on all four.

so, blown head gasket, loose head bolts, cracked head or block. Are any of these common for this engine?

If theres no oil in the radiator or water in the oil.

Check the intake gasket

if its a b210, i doubt it has a wet intake. unless some swappage has happened. but after close to 40 years anythings possible. it could be the thermostat housing gasket leaking water into the exhaust passage in the head that is for the smog pump. they are pretty close together in the head and the gasket could leak there. and if that was the case, it would be the only way it could still run smoothly with that much water in the exhaust. and it would still have the rest of the symptoms.

22083.jpg

Thanks I'll check that. I pulled the head off and didn't see anything wrong. I need a straight edge to check the surface.

The only thing I found was the hole on the righy in this pic has a heli-coil in it. You can see the difference in the 2 pics as to how far down the bolt goes. I see that the bolt was shortened some but was it shortened enough or bottoming out on the heli-coil? I'm not sure how to figure that out yet besides just shortening the bolt more.

SANY5297.jpg

SANY5299.jpg

SANY5301.jpg

SANY5272.jpg

SANY5277.jpg