A new addition to the family

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm getting down to the end of the spray can and I think I'm going to go up and get another fred meyer brand silver number fm740 and guess what?

SANY9415_zpsi367sre2.jpg

They don't sell fred meyer spray paint anymore. You know how the end of the can comes out all blotchy and crap. I'm not retaping or color matching anything. I only have the right vent surround to do so we'll see. Can says 1995 but thats just the copy right not the age of the paint. Still looks good though.  I just wanted to use whay I had sitting around. I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

Did you have to take the top dash pad out first in order to take out the dash front out?? I have a dash front to install in mine cause the original was cut for different radio and more and I have a stock one to install and found a good condition dash front so need to pull the whole front off soon and replace it with the better one. Is it diffacult??  I do have the extra a/c vents attached at the bottom sides of the dash front too... I hope that dosent make the job too much of a pain...

It's easy. Although I don't know about the a/c. This one had an a/c set up but I tore it all out. The dash front comes out first with 5 or so screws along the bottom and 5 or so along the top where the top and front meet. Push in the light switch knob and wiper knob and turn them to get them off. Then turn the lock rings to loosen those switches. Pull radio knobs off and turn radio shaft nuts. Remove blinker housing around steering column. Lower steering column by taking the two bolts out. Pull dash front forward and unplug various wires.

The dash front needs to be removed to get the dash top out. The dash top is held in by 10 or so short phillips head screws.

Also the factory service manual always helps. Should be close enough for most reference for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1977-B210-Service-Manual-/252018518479?hash=item3aad7969cf&vxp=mtr

@Datsunocaster, Its not hard to take the dash out its just a little time consuming. You don't have to take the upper dash out.

You do need to take the gear console out and the AC and fan pieces out in order to have space to get the dash out. If you have the steering wheel remover tool handy remove the steering wheel out that will make your removal a lot easier but you don't have to.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...