A new addition to the family

So I got around to doing a few things to the b210 like fixing the seat belt and defrost switch and the heater controls. Here they are.

The heater controls were gummed up and the low speed didn't work so I took all the cables off and removed it for cleaning.

SANY4434.jpg

I removed the screw that holds the black stopper in the top right of this pic.

SANY4436.jpg

Then I could slide the heater switch over far enough to disengage it and drop down through the selector plate.

Disassemble position should look like this.

SANY4447.jpg

SANY4442.jpg

SANY4444.jpg

SANY4446.jpg

SANY4456.jpg

I put a small amount of grease on reassembly.

The low fan speed was just the heater resistor on the side of the housing that was disconnected at one end.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The defrost switch was loosing connection and working intermittently it also had a hard crunchy feeling when pressing it.

SANY4552.jpg

Careful not to loose the spring and plastic piece.

SANY4553.jpg

I turned one tab and removed the contact plate for cleaning.

SANY4550.jpg

SANY4557.jpg

I used a very small amount of oil on the plastic finger that rubs on the contact plate on reassembly.

The passenger seat belt would not stop catching to the point you couldn't put it on no matter how slow you pulled on it and when tour teenage daughter is driving you it can be scary. :sweat:. I wanted to buy the one on ebay but the price is crazy ridiculous. :mad:

Peeled back the rubber cover. Do not remove the white cap with the big retracting spring only the clear cap.

SANY4538.jpg

pressed and bent this tab down about 1mm

SANY4542.jpg

Shortened this spring.

SANY4545.jpg

I put some zoom oil between the black frame and the white round disc which is what was sticking and causing the problem. Bending the tab down and shortening the spring were extras to make sure it will be trouble free. It works awesome now and catches like it should.

awesome rehab, great work... :thumbup: Your choke relay is inside that black box, just like you thought. I had to replace mine because the brake light would always stay on. My buddy Albert traced the problem to a short in the choke relay. I swapped out my choke relay with a 1977 B210 choke relay.

• 1 month later...

Man don't know how I missed this thread! What a clean find! Almost a grandma barn find.

Back when I first joined Ratsun, no one thought about b210s very much. There were very few threads on them.

They have had a meteoric rise in interest lately. And the prices seem to be rising.

I bet the f10 is next. (I want a f10 goon!)

Shouldn't be. The airpump has little to do with smoke. It simply pumps air into the exhaust to burn the trace HC that's normally there (invisible).

You can remove the large air hose that goes from the thermostat housing to the air cleaner. Here is information on thermostat housings.

I would put the charcoal canister back on. It doesn't hurt perf, but keeps the gasoline fumes from getting out of the fuel tank.

• 1 month later...

Singing "one of these valves is not like the other"

SANY4637.jpg

SANY4638.jpg

My daughter tried to come home from school and the b210 ran like shit.

Bought another a14. The orange bandit came by and was a great help. Never did get to see his face though.

SANY4645.jpg

SANY4647.jpg

SANY4649.jpg

Maybe you know of him?

SANY4642.jpg

Oh wait the spy cam got half a face shot.

SANY4651.jpg

Tell the Munger the grille doesn't need to come off to replace the engine :P

Well, it kinda does... :P

If you don't want to risk damaging the radiator while removing the engine, you have to remove the radiator. If you want to remove the radiator, you have to remove the grill. Ergo, engine out = grill out. :cool:

Engine is in with a weber and running good. Just some minor things to play with tomorrow. tranny line brackets, choke cable, speedo cable, and I forgot to put the damn thermostat back in. :blink:

SANY4653.jpg

SANY4654.jpg

Thanks to Bill for the engine and Dave for all the help. On my daughters 8th b-day no less. I'll get some more pics up tomorrow and then it's back to the dash. Thanks to redbanner also for the parts.

You need more muscle. I've never dropped a motor ... but then I weigh 175 pounds

i was partially joking in my head about pulling the motor out by hand but since they weigh less than 250 lbs, and i squat 275, then it doesn't seem to be a big deal. and withe the head off and no fluids its probably a lot lighter. i dont have a number in my head for that though.

thats what i thought. I just pulled my radiator last week and didnt have to touch the grille.

Honestly, never tried. Takes 2 minutes to pull the grill and don't want to damage it, so... :P

While I'll obviously concede it is possible to remove the radiator without pulling the grill, I never would. :cool: \

But I'll go back to lurking now...

Honestly, never tried. Takes 2 minutes to pull the grill and don't want to damage it, so... :P

While I'll obviously concede it is possible to remove the radiator without pulling the grill, I never would. :cool: \

But I'll go back to lurking now...

well it really doesnt take any time at all to remove, so i'll have to think about that next time i work on anything up front.

i was partially joking in my head about pulling the motor out by hand but since they weigh less than 250 lbs, and i squat 275, then it doesn't seem to be a big deal. and withe the head off and no fluids its probably a lot lighter. i dont have a number in my head for that though.

I actually put my engine in by hand. Carried the short block around from the back of the house to the car-port, rested it on the core support for a second then tipped it in flywheel first. Climbed in there and straightened it up and slid it into the trans.. Haha. And I only weigh a buck fifty.