Auto parts people need to vent, do it here.

Well, I feel a little better. Talked to mom and dad. Mom suggested eating a sandwich and drinking some water because due to the relative low humidity of AC, it actually tends to dehydrate people. So I'm listening to Clutch, going to go eat. Frickin' A still.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

At work, girl being a bitch....

Being a dick back because she's giving me an attitude for making her wait in line while I help the next customer.

"What's your name? I'm gonna call corporate on you."

"Bieber.. Justin Bieber."

and-the-crowd-goes-wild.jpg

She left without another word.

• Like 1

customer- do you have an 06 elantra alternator.....me- no sir I do not have one........cust- none at all huh?.........me- no I'm out of them.........cust-nothing that will fit........me- no I am not able to help you today.......cust- so you can not help me?......No sir I can not help you.........cust- nothing out back at all.......me no sir..........cust- I think that there are different years that fit.........Yes there are other years that fit, but can not provide you with an alt that will fit your car........cust- nothing at all huh?...........I then think that maybe I should brush up on my English skills.

North Bend (Wa) Auto Parts / Napa are the best I have ever seen, most the guys there have been there over 25 years. You got a Jeep (or 620, etc.) with a small block Chevy or Buick V6 swapped in it and need a starter etc. they don't bat an eye and work with you to get the right part without useless questions like "Uh' What year is your Jeep".

We do some ordering online...that means they don't have to look up the part....just match the number, pull it off the shelf, put it in your truck, drive to the shop.....

.....the fucking numbers don't match you idiot!!!! :hyper:

F me, I had a day today. I just about imploded. 6 customers up front, 5 lines ringing or on hold, 6 or so deliveries on the back bench, both drivers out, manager in a conference call. Norm and I were manning the counter, and it was just apeshit. I couldn't even get away. Finally did and went into the office and explained to the salesman and manager on the conference call the aforementioned circumstances and that I was about ready to walk out the door if we didn't get some help. They came out and helped but my blood pressure was through the roof. It finally quieted down later. I still fucking hate retail. Especially when we're short handed. Definitely looking into other careers.

Alex is on vacation for two weeks so I've been the closing bitch all this week, will be all next week too. We're still down a driver, technically two, and now there's a hiring freeze because we're going into winter. Which means we don't have near enough people and we're screwed until it tapers off in the slow season.

I had a guy bring back parts after almost two years today. BUT, to his credit, he had his original receipt, boxes were immaculate, as were the parts. And they were ignition parts for a SBC. So I took them back, won't have any problem moving those parts. A crx hatch, yeah, that wouldn't fly. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone work at Oreilys in here? I have one about a block from the house who is hiring and was thinking of picking up a second job to help pay some bills and have some extra play money with the Datto.

I had a friend that did. He's pretty happy, although it could be better I'm sure. Any job that pulls in $$$ is a job worth having.

You guys will love this for sure...

I've been using an app on my phone that lets me force two different numbers to call each other, making them think they were being called by the other party when realistically, there phones were dialing each other. App only goes for 20 ish seconds though

http://youtu.be/gtkemvX4k4I

http://youtu.be/BXdrXcLR2l0

F me, I had a day today. I just about imploded. 6 customers up front, 5 lines ringing or on hold, 6 or so deliveries on the back bench, both drivers out, manager in a conference call. Norm and I were manning the counter, and it was just apeshit. I couldn't even get away. Finally did and went into the office and explained to the salesman and manager on the conference call the aforementioned circumstances and that I was about ready to walk out the door if we didn't get some help. They came out and helped but my blood pressure was through the roof. It finally quieted down later. I still fucking hate retail. Especially when we're short handed. Definitely looking into other careers.

Alex is on vacation for two weeks so I've been the closing bitch all this week, will be all next week too. We're still down a driver, technically two, and now there's a hiring freeze because we're going into winter. Which means we don't have near enough people and we're screwed until it tapers off in the slow season.

I had a guy bring back parts after almost two years today. BUT, to his credit, he had his original receipt, boxes were immaculate, as were the parts. And they were ignition parts for a SBC. So I took them back, won't have any problem moving those parts. A crx hatch, yeah, that wouldn't fly. ;)

to bad about the hiring freeze i could push parts
  • 2 months later...

So this whole shit hit the news now about Autozone firing the employee in Virginia for going out to his car (sneaking out the back) and grabbing a gun out of his car, running inside, and holding it to the robbers head to protect his co-worker that was being assaulted by the armed robber. He's an airforce vet, and they fired his ass because it violated policy.

Of course, as Autozone stated I'm no aloud to have an opinion, because of the outcry of customers boycotting Autozone for it. (whoopty fucking doo) I just love when they come into the store being a dick to ME about it. Wanting their rewards cards deactivated and giving me shit. I mean, Jesus tapdancing Christ, I'm not the corporate pencil pusher that fired the guy, why do you have the be the dick to US? We're the people that are being affected by this, you should be on OUR side....

Now to top that off, now that Autozone's firing people for that and advertising that on the news, my store 20 minuets down the road got robber last night at gun point by some gangster with a 12 gauge. Probably because he knows now we're an easy hit since we can't do shit.

It's time to find a new job.

Sad to say, we've discussed the same thing at NAPA. We'd get fired too. However, the other assistant manager and I are comfortable with that. And the .45 would be too far off. Ever wonder why there are tool boards right behind the counter at NAPA? Mofo tries hitting us, as soon as he turns around, he's getting a 3/4" breaker bar upside his skull, or a 17" Crescent wrench. That shit'll leave a mark! :D

customer- do you have an 06 elantra alternator.....me- no sir I do not have one........cust- none at all huh?.........me- no I'm out of them.........cust-nothing that will fit........me- no I am not able to help you today.......cust- so you can not help me?......No sir I can not help you.........cust- nothing out back at all.......me no sir..........cust- I think that there are different years that fit.........Yes there are other years that fit, but can not provide you with an alt that will fit your car........cust- nothing at all huh?...........I then think that maybe I should brush up on my English skills.

i think maybe u should stop being a dick and explain to the customer the situation ......i hate dealing with arrogance at any shop whether it be furntiture or auto parts.....drop the fucking attitude and help people...that's what your paid to do ....and if your customer keeps asking the same question...that's a fucking que to explain your self...

• Like 1
We're still down a driver, technically two, and now there's a hiring freeze because we're going into winter. Which means we don't have near enough people and we're screwed until it tapers off in the slow season.

news flash welcome to america ... and we have ourselves to thank for this

"Thanks for calling NAPA, this is Matt." "Uh yeah, I was wondering if you could look up the price of a part?" "Uh yeah, I was wondering if you had a brain?" Fawwwwkkkk!!!

why else would they be calling you ... for astrological advice ..... :sneaky:

i just don't get it .....customer service is a lost art and has been replaced by synical and irrational behavior...i know its tough to imagine why they would be asking a expert, questions....

why not just yell at them and tell them go look at rock auto then come here and price match us .... maybe kick there kid when they show up....or better yet go do a big cannon ball on there hood when they show up and then growl in there window ... maybe that will run them off so they wont spend money at your location in turn basically nullifying why the doors are open in the first place...which will probably cease if enough occurances happen... :confused:

jeezus people have we forgotten that not everyone has the vast knowledge we share... :thumbup:

• Like 2

Haha you're not paying me shop rate to fix you're car. Figure it out. Dumbass. I sell parts. That's why I love working at a jobber warehouse. Shops call know what they want done!. Sure enough I can tell you but I don't get paid for that

actually u do...