Auto parts people need to vent, do it here.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to purposely sell the wrong part to customers who were dicks. Customer: " They are all the same." Me: "Ok. Here you go, see you in an hour."

Yup! That's what we did.

Some dick came in looking for a set of Small Block Chevy manifold gaskets. I asked him year/make/model and got got pissy. Started trying to explain that I was stupid if I didn't know that they were all the same.

So I got a set for an LT1. Dude came back fucking FURIOUS. On roid rage or something. Yelled at me because I was an idiot and they weren't for a small block Chevy. I kindly pointed out on the back of the felpro package where it lists the contents and motor. LT1. SMALL BLOCK MOFO!!

After that I asked year/make/model and got him the correct gasket. rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm 18 and i also work at Autozone

this one time customer comes in and asks for a battery, so i give it to him and he walks outside and replaces it. Few minutes go by......Comes back and says Uh dude the battery doesn't work. I go outside and see that the guy had not taken off the black seal on the negative terminal. So i take off the terminal and the the seal, put back the terminal and ask him to give it a go and it works. laugh.gif he must of felt really stupid haha.

I'm 18 and i also work at Autozone

this one time customer comes in and asks for a battery, so i give it to him and he walks outside and replaces it. Few minutes go by......Comes back and says Uh dude the battery doesn't work. I go outside and see that the guy had not taken off the black seal on the negative terminal. So i take off the terminal and the the seal, put back the terminal and ask him to give it a go and it works. laugh.gif he must of felt really stupid haha.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Those kinds of people...

I've never let a customer put in there own battery. It ALWAYS comes around on me some way or another. I've put batteries in everything to S/C mercs to 1988 Turbo 911's

I always install batteries too, but that time i guess he just wanted to do it himself, I really hate changing batteries on the Pontiac Montana vans(2000ish), they have all this shit you have to take off before taking out the battery

I always install batteries too, but that time i guess he just wanted to do it himself, I really hate changing batteries on the Pontiac Montana vans(2000ish), they have all this shit you have to take off before taking out the battery

Ditto on that man! Same as the Chevy Venture, Grand Am, etc.

CHEVY ftl.

how about the chryslers? concordes suck balls. along with vettes.

Sebring FTL. Shittiest car known to man.

To be honest, the easiest battery I've ever done was on an '88 Porsche 911 Turbo. Right up front in the trunk. (I guess?) You had a ground switch to shut off power to the car, a single 8mm tie bar, and two beefy clamps. Took me about 10 minuets, only because I was being extra careful and bullshitting with the customer.

Chrysler Sebring battery removal.

Jack car up and put it on stands.

Remove driver side wheel.

Turn wheel to right.

Remove 15~ "rivet" fasteners from fender well

Remove fender well liner.

Remove battery cables

Remove three bolts holding battery strap

Pull battery out and up to remove.

I charged 50$ last time I changed a Sebring battery.

Datsun batery removal

Open hood

Remove bungie

Remove cables

Pull battery from car

• 2 months later...

This summed up my day today:

And on top of that, our newly hired driver of less than a month, who is awesome, got offered a job selling insurance for $15/hour, so he's leaving us. Good guy, can't blame him, still sucks. And our other driver got in a minor accident the other day, but suffered whiplash and is out on L&I. So that makes two drivers out on L&I, the other with a long history.

Consequently I'm working 7 hours on my day off. At least I get overtime.

• Like 1

^^^^LMFAO^^^^ I had one guy call and ask this:

Customer: "what time do you close tonight?"

Me: "we close at nine"

Customer: " o'clock?"

Me: :confused:

:geek: I don't even know how I'd respond to that. LOL

What autoparts company do you work for?

I don't wanna work at o'reillys anymore...

:lol:

Though my local autozone needs some help :sneaky:

The counter guy offered me some fuel injector cleaner stuff, I said I had a carb'd engine he said it still works...

Then contradicted his statement and said "This shit never works, my friend tried it and fried his rings"

:rofl:

I don't wanna work at o'reillys anymore...

:lol:

Though my local autozone needs some help :sneaky:

The counter guy offered me some fuel injector cleaner stuff, I said I had a carb'd engine he said it still works...

Then contradicted his statement and said "This shit never works, my friend tried it and fried his rings"

:rofl:

That fucking grey bottle "restore" stuff?

God I hate that Autozone tries to force us to sell that kind of garbage. Last sales period were some cheap 'microfiber' rags. Eck.

That fucking grey bottle "restore" stuff?

God I hate that Autozone tries to force us to sell that kind of garbage. Last sales period were some cheap 'microfiber' rags. Eck.

YES!! exactly, I hate when they offer it to us customers, cause they know we are cheap, I mean didn't you see me just buy the cheapest parts? lol

Back on college I worked for Autozone or checkers, can't remember which, but I remember my pussy manager at the time trying to sneak add ons to a customer's ticket (a packet of dielectric grease) and promptly got bitched out by that customer. I never understood that corporate idea. We don't do that at Napa but I'm a hell of a salesman anyway. ;)

Back on college I worked for Autozone or checkers, can't remember which, but I remember my pussy manager at the time trying to sneak add ons to a customer's ticket (a packet of dielectric grease) and promptly got bitched out by that customer. I never understood that corporate idea. We don't do that at Napa but I'm a hell of a salesman anyway. ;)

See, that's what pisses me off the most about Autozone. They expect you to stand at the register, ask for an Autozone rewards card, offer bulb grease, brake lube, and fuel injector cleaner for EVERY CUSTOMER (only if they're buying applicable parts though, ya know?) and still manage not to piss off the customers. And you're graded on it. I'm not good at selling something I don't believe in.

I can sell anything. I'm good at it, but Autozone makes it very hard to sell parts to someone that actually needs it.

YES!! exactly, I hate when they offer it to us customers, cause they know we are cheap, I mean didn't you see me just buy the cheapest parts? lol

That's my same thought process. I mean, come on now Autozone... if people wanted it, they would buy it.

Yeah, they do the same thing at the O too.

That fuckin sucks man.

• 2 months later...

Ahhhhhhhh yesssss. Finally off work. Let me explain the one big bitch I have about NAPA. They want sales, they want profit. But they don't want to give you any people to get the job done. Consequently, you're having record sales when short-handed, and everyone is running at 110% all day. This brings out the errors. While we did well on the customer side today except for a few morons, at the end of the night, I'm $43 short. Now, I trust everyone I work with. It's not a theft issue. It is however, an issue of either an incorrect billing of charge vs. cash, or some credit card error. (I checked the whole ticker tape, it's not) Or someone just gave back $40 too much. Which could happen, but is unlikely. Either way, cash control somewhere is fucked up.

Now, the error isn't the biggest issue. It's the fact that today we did a record day with three people on the counter, and only two drivers. Next week as of this moment, that figure will switch to just me and a counterman on the counter due to vacations and some bullshit management training every two years the manager has to go to. The good part is we're working our drivers 6 days a week, so at least we'll have three drivers.

Regardless, two people on the counter is not enough. You need minimum 3 counter, 3 drivers, to run a store of any size effectively, much less get lunches through. On top of just selling parts, we have inventory issues, cores and defects processing, and more and more bullshit paperwork the powers that be decide we need to do. So I came in at 9 today, lucky me. Stayed until 8 trying to find the error. Normally I'm gone 20 minutes after. Tomorrow I'll be 8-7 ish depending on if I get all my cores and defects finalized in time. This is assuming we're not busy. And even if we're not, I'm so damn beat from today I'm probably going to be useless tomorrow.

Now it's 8:50, and I've barely even though about dinner. Having a beer to relax because I'm royally pissed. Can't do anything because I'm going to have to go to sleep in an hour anyway to get enough sleep to function tomorrow. I'm beginning to think that my goal of becoming a manager may just have to wait because I'm going to find myself another job before that happens. If it keeps going this way, I'm going to lose it.

Why don't people understand you have to spend money to make money? Put some fucking people in the stores for Pete's sake! At this point, I don't know if having a job is better than not having a job. That's a pretty sad statement.