Auto parts people need to vent, do it here.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Oreillys is a joke! The guy i dealt with told me Datsun was not a make of car because it wasn't on his screen. I told him it would be under Nissan and he argued with me saying his system wasn't wrong. Their prices are higher than the zone here, they only have 2-3 people working at a time, and they never have any parts. I needed a new engine fan and he gave me a 17 inch flex fan that he said would work, even though I told him it wouldn't because it was for a Chevy, and he said "all cars use the same fan". I took one look at it, told him he was an idiot, and never went back. I do like that they will charge your battery for free though.

• Like 2

I used O`reillys to put together my beater in about two+ months ( after trying elsewhere dry.gif ) they do have the majority of the parts to fix a 510, most parts i got within 5 hours. The only part i had a problem getting was brake master so i ordered it from rock-auto for less with shipping.

I for the most part dont buy anything from O`reillys for my newer cars AT ALL

Ha! Oreillys is a joke! The guy i dealt with told me Datsun was not a make of car because it wasn't on his screen.

Had the same thing. All I needed was some brake pads. "Datsun isn't a car manufacturer ... blah blah blah ... listen man! It doesn't exist!"

I pointed outside at the Z and said loudly, "You go outside and tell her that she doesn't exist! You break her little existence-believing heart!"

He then proceeded to mumble some bullshit that the Z is a Nissan, blah blah blah.

If you really want to have fun, go in and order lawnmower parts.

"Ya, I need a drive belt." "For what?" "Briggs and Stratton" "Wait.. what?"

yeah, good luck with CSK/O'Riellys...they can get some decent parts or stores can't get, but don't go in there without a part number.

Heads up to some of the NW Datsun members...the local Napa's are carrying an import parts line called Altrom. Most of what our shop has ordered has been OE parts and has fit/worked well. They also can order in Beck Arnley stuff, and most of that line is good fit and quality(that I have seen). The sales reps in this area are not the best, but their product lines are decent, and will substitute for Nissan parts in a pinch.

I live for the Altrom line, though I still think they need to carry a shitload more Datsun parts. I mentioned that when I talked to the Altrom rep last month. Sadly, he seems to be fairly useless. I made a video regarding the center support bearing not fitting on D21 4x4s, and he never returned my calls or emails. Maybe if I'm lucky I can take his job someday.

Oh, word of warning, the "Ultra-8" in Altrom is a house brand and is sometimes very shit quality. Not always, just inspect the ultra-8 parts before you buy them. Try and stick with the regular ATM if available.

Oh, and Hardwyre, I have a book for lawnmower belts at my counter. Just sayin' ;)

• 6 months later...

It's been far too long, so I'll leave this hear...

"Thanks for calling Autozone, this is Matt how can i help you?"

"Hi, my husband is said he wanted a rimjob. Do you guys do that over there?"

"No ma'am, I'm pretty sure Advance Auto does. Want there number?"

laughing in the background.

successful-troll-is-success.jpg

I called Autozone today

( AZ )......hello , how can i help you...

Hi, could you tell me how tight my Datsun lug nuts should be in order to keep my wheel from falling off ??

( AZ )......Im sorry but i have no idea

Yeah,,,i thought so..

twofinger_salute.gif

• Like 1

I called Autozone today

Hi, could you tell me how tight my Datsun lug nuts should be in order to keep my wheel from falling off ??

Yeah,,,i thought so..

twofinger_salute.gif

Oh god memories haha I could tell you the torque rating for almost any make and model. Working at a tire shop for a year you tend to memorize thing's

I called Autozone today

Yeah,,,i thought so..

twofinger_salute.gif

Touche my friend :rofl:

• Like 1

My buddy Marcus works at a Shell station in Seattle. This high-maintenance blonde walks up to the counter:

B: "Can you help me?"

M: "Sure, what's up?"

B: "I can't figure out where to put the gas in my car."

M: "Which car?"

B: "*pointing outside* It's my husband's; I think it's called a Tesla."

M: "Let me get you an extension cord."

• Like 1

guy walks up to the counter.....

I need the boot after the AFM on my 06 G

Only comes with the resonator, $135.00

I know there was a recall on that got any layin around?

No. there wasn't and no I don't.

I'm not gonna pay $135.00 for that hose

Well, Bye ;)

If I had a nickel for every time people won't pay whatever amount....I'd be Oprah rich! ;) I usually ask them, can you make the part for less? Well, no, but. There you go. If you want to fly over to China and take the kid's seat who's making it, be my guest! :P

BIGGEST PET PEEVE...

ready?

---customer walks up to the counter---

"I need gasket glue."

Uhh....the fuck? You mean RTV silicone?

"Yeah sure I guess."

You know that stuffs not for gluing gaskets right?

"The hell do you mean?"

Sir, why don't you just scrape the gasket surface clean and you won't need it? Just use the flat paper gasket

"Boy you don't know the fuck you're doing. I've been building motors since I was 12"

That doesn't mean you've been doing it right sir. Go check isle 4.

---and I walk away---

I can't deal with ignorant people. I get irritate quick.

I love hearing people ask for a rotor button.My response is always;

"you mean ignition rotor?"

And usually I get a stupid look.

I generally get stuck helping the kind of idiots that thing $3 tube of RTV is expensive. Everyone wants a discount. You either gotta be really nice, really pissed, have a military ID, or love Datsun's for me to discount your parts.

Edited by metalmonkey47

My favorite usually involves someone coming in to ask for a part and they can't even tell me what kind of car it is. That or "I need a coil, rotor, starter, ect.. for my tractor" What make and model? "I don't know, aren't they all the same?". And don't you know that ALL small block Chevy's are the same???

My favorite usually involves someone coming in to ask for a part and they can't even tell me what kind of car it is. That or "I need a coil, rotor, starter, ect.. for my tractor" What make and model? "I don't know, aren't they all the same?". And don't you know that ALL small block Chevy's are the same???

bring out a cap for a lt1 :fu: :D yup it will work just fine