1976 Wagoon (710)

3 hours ago, opalbeetle said:

It's an EI distributor, so I am not worried about it at all.  I left the ballast resistor there, but there is a wire bridging the posts to bypass the resistance (read how to do that in old DQ issues).  Originally it was to keep things looking stock...clearly that doesn't matter anymore.  Ha!  It'll be a winter project to remove it and clean it all up.  Of course there is the issue of building a LandCruiser this winter, so I might not get to it!

I thought it was done correctly when I put it all back together.  I kind of do things like that slowly as I am always a little nervous about messing that stuff up.

That's perfect!! The EI distributor has a current limiting circuit so it can't draw more than needed through itself. Good going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a dead pedal this past week.  My legs are short...so this is WAY more comfortable!  After using it, it could have been taller, but it still does the trick. 

I will put some traction tap on it when I get the time to get to the store to get some.

large.71305F1E-3368-47D7-8444-71146658EB

large.92445A4D-50D5-46E3-8CBB-D1CE2F22C0

Thanks for looking in.

• 9 months later...

Haven’t done a ton with the 710 in terms of driving this summer. I had to replace to rear main and the oil pan gasket (and I didn’t make the time in the winter or spring to do it….no excuses really, just didn’t do it). 

Didn’t get to it until later in July after I sorted out a problem in my daily driver (1998 Chevy Tracker). Broke down on the 2nd last day before my summer holidays. Took me almost 3 weeks to track it down to a single broken wire…the 12v line to the igniter in the distributor it turned out. 

Anyhow, I’ve been able to drive my car for the last week and it’s been a hoot! I still have some fine tuning to do on the Webers, but I’m enjoying it in the meantime! 

Summers are short in Manitoba, time to make up for lost time! 

I hope you have all been able to enjoy some seat time in whatever car/truck makes you happy! 

Until next time! 

• Like 3